What song are you listening to atm?

stabz0r

New People Under the Stairs snuck right by me...

I blame Rdio shutting down, which I swore by. Spotify is popular, but terrible for how I use it (full albums, music discovery, offline listening when mobile). Apple Music isn't much better, Google Play and iOS aren't cool, and Tidal is going to close any day now. 

Guess it's back to piracy?

I was lucky enough to catch it early, thanks to piracy, but Spotify recommended it as a new release soon after. I don't "borrow" too many albums for the web but when I do it's just to check an album out or to replace something I purchased years ago and the disc is in rough shape. I have no problem turning around and buying an album if it's a quality release and supporting the artist. Piracy sites have helped me stay on top of a lot of new releases luckily, mass media is too busy whoring the newest catchy song instead of representing the art.

• 2 weeks later...

No music (meetings on meetings on meetings on meetings), but a few quick things. 

1. LCD SOUNDSYSTEM IS TOURING IN 2016 (plus coachella but who cares about coachella)!!!! 

2. ProductHunt did a feature on tools for music discovery today. Thought c'hall might appreciate it. https://www.producthunt.com/e/find-new-music

3. See #1. 

4. I lied about the preface.

• Like 1

I know Maestro linked it in a status update but I have been listening to the new album a lot and this is a great song.

It's sad to lose another talented musician, he was an amazing artist.

I read a few things recently about how he was influenced by some newer artists like Death Grips and that is awesome that such an accomplished musician can still take things away from newer/younger artists who have such a different style.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1