What song are you listening to atm?

stabz0r

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a really big scare.  Thought I was having a heart attack (luckily I wasn't) and had this song going through my head over and over.

The story I heard is that this song was really about Billie Joe Armstrong about his father, who died of cancer when he was ten.  I couldn't get my children out of my head thinking they would never see me again.

• Like 2

Glad everything is ok Architect. :D

Thanks Architect, I had to go listen to some Green Day after that post.

Edit- Looks like it turned in to a punk kind of night, I'm digging it.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 2

Just had a really big scare.  Thought I was having a heart attack (luckily I wasn't) and had this song going through my head over and over.

Yikes, man! Take care of that ticker and stick around for a while longer, will ya? 

A little something to lighten the mood -- new Prof.

• Like 2

Yikes, man! Take care of that ticker and stick around for a while longer, will ya? 

A little something to lighten the mood -- new Prof.

Saw Prof live when he came to town with Murs, I wasn't too familiar with his works but I had to check him out after seeing him. I pretty much love anything that comes from the RSE label.

Brother Ali - Forest Whitaker 

• Like 1

RIP Eyedea

Yeah, RIP Michael Larsen. You remain one of my top/favorite emcees to date, again we lose a talented musician too early. He was a true emcee, those freestyles through out the years still make me sit in awe.

I think you just set my playlist for work Stutters, thanks man!

Eyedea & Abilities

• Like 2

Future Islands

Frontman/singer Sam Herring is also a rapper who goes by the name Hemlock Ernst and recently put out an EP with the legendary Madlib called "Trouble Knows Me".

There isn't too much on youtube to showcase his rapping so here is a segment from a live show.

NSFW

• Like 1

I....I really like Future Islands...but...I....he raps, too? 

huh.

I'm going to need a minute.

That's what I said, I didn't even know he rapped until I saw that Madlib EP. I don't love him as a rapper quite yet, but he ain't bad either.

Edit - Also have Pearl Jam - Yield playing in the background while I do a bit of cleaning.

Edited by Madvillain

Over and over and over and over again. 

I had it on for a few loops earlier as well.

Edit - I do wish that it was just a Dre album instead of a featuring album, which I get because its a soundtrack but it would be nice to just have a Dre/Dogg Pound/NWA/Westside Connections based album though.

Edited by Madvillain

I do wish that it was just a Dre album instead of a featuring album, which I get because its a soundtrack but it would be nice to just have a Dre/Dogg Pound/NWA/Westside Connections based album though.

I get that. I came up with Dre being the guy that brought things together, produced classic beats better than anyone, and occasionally dropped in to rap. Definitely not disappointed with this new one, but I've heard from a lot of friends saying they wish it was Dre rapping over Dre beats. 

Anyway, I'm getting nostalgic for the good old days of west coast rap. This came out last week, but I was distracted with that other album. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5W7ay10xZQ

• Like 2