Server Load

Flitterkill

So, at around 1030am eastern the server got killed by the host due to high cpu load. 25 and climbing. We've got about 1/3 of the actual server resources so when our server decides to flake out it will affect other VPS instances along side us.

I caught the alert email and such a little after 1pm eastern, responded to support and they turned us back on. I don't see anything unusual so I'll chalk it up to java/minecraft run amok but peeps will need to keep an eye out for when the server starts to blow. I'd rather be a good neighbor and reboot the server rather than let it crush the server cpu and force the host provider's hands.

interesting, I know this morning at around 7am pacific, 10am eastern time the server was down.. don't think it came back up from the restart. but there was also an mcmyadmin update. when I did the update the server was back up but mcmyadmin was not available... I think that when the update happened it went haywire, as I didn't see any other problems before that even with 7 players and a lot of chickens.