Banned first time no warning, no discussion

dave007

I'm DCore, GC member, just because I love the GC L4D2 servers.

Got a lot of new people who don't understand the no rushing rule.

When they rush and their friends are being eaten in the back I like to post sarcastic comments like 'WE ARE FINE BACK HERE, PLEASE MOVE UP'

I'm hoping that this is amusing, but also clueing people in that maybe they're not doing right.

Well, Push was banning rushers, telling people not to rush, and I wrote something like:

'UNLESS U R OPPOSING TEAM'

I think this is sarcastic, but if they think, they might realize what I'm saying is that rushing wins the game.. for your opponents.

So next map begins and I'm banned, no communication, no warning, been at least an hour.

I realize being a mod is not easy, but perhaps this was heavy handed, or Push was having a rough day.

If this ban ha merit in the readers opinion, how long will it last?

-DCore

It's Pump not Push. That confused me for a second. Secondly, I told you once before not to encourage others to break rules. You did it once more and then again right before the map changed and then that's why you were banned. You were warned. There was a direct discussion and I told you and I quote "Do not encourage others to break rules. Don't do it." It was as if you just completely ignored the warning. Your ban will last a two more days.

You're a member and you were telling people to rush and leave people behind? Oh...

Edited by Pumpernickel

Hi Pump,

Thanks for your response. Could you share the log of the discussion and the warn? Could send it privately if you like.  The ban was today and I don't recall the discussion or warning. Maybe you typed it and I didn't read it. Did I acknowledge the discussion or warning?

Could I get a reality check from someone else, would giving someone advice to rush, but 'ONLY IF U R OPPOSING TEAM', if they are on the opposing team, really be taken seriously and acted upon by a reasonable person?

If I'm in the wrong and encouraging people to break server rules, and this is a valid decision then I accept your punishment.  Three days is a long time not to play, is this the right length of time for a first offense of such a magnitude?

-DCore

Hi DCore, looks like you have been unbanned, but I would like to add to this discussion.

Our rules are in place on our servers, whether or not an admin is actually in the server.  Members should be helping enforce those rules.  If an admin is not in the server, then members should be using !votekick or contacting admins to come in the server, or capturing screenshots/demos to help enforce our rules.  If an admin is in the server, then he should be enforcing the rules, but we certainly do not need members hindering this process.  If a member is encouraging people to break rules (even if it is sarcasm), this only leads to more people breaking our rules and more difficulty for our admins.

In the future, please help GC enforce the rules.