Display issues with sleep/crashes

Twins

Hey guys, sooooooo

I had 2 issues with my computer and im not exactly sure what is wrong with it. So just looking for any random suggestions

First i can't put the computer to sleep/standby. When i try, the computer powers off for 1 second and turns on again. With the exception of the monitor which stays in standby. Got to hold the power button to restart the computer to use it again.

Second is that sometimes i assume my game crashes (rare) and it does the same thing with the monitor. Tower is still on and monitor is off/in standby. And then when i manually restart the computer when this happens half the time the monitor still wont show anything. Takes a couple trys sometime.

So im fairly certain that these issues are related

Build

cpu- i7 920 ( i overclocked it, messed up the temps tho)

Motherboard- P6x58D Premium

memory- 3x4gb gskill raw ddr3

gpu-  gigabyte superoverclocked gtx580  <---- i bought this refurbished 2 years ago (can it be the issue??)

psu - tx850watt

display- Samsung syncmaster 2333hd

Edited by Twins

(edited)

here is a ss of my idle temps in Celsius. yes they are very garbage. and ive reapplied thermal paste 2 times before.

rMVadNP.png

as for your questions. i am running win7x64. im running dual monitors with my tv via dvi cables ( ihave 2 dvi ports on my gpu). I have a dead hdd that is warned about during boot. (this issue has been happening before that tho)

as for diagonostics. im not sure which tools to use?

i tried a burn in test for the gpu. only reached max of 78C. tho i only did it for 5 mins

Edited by Twins