Minecraft Downage

Flitterkill

Well, 1.8 was too good to be true.

Many have been reporting problems with random crashes, server reboots, etc. Started to see reports in early Sept. and now we're getting the symptoms. Specifically the server just cycles - comes online, 5 seconds later crashes (hard, no logs), script restarts, and repeat away...

Short answer is I have no idea and most other people have none either (other than appending nogui to the startup line)

We will have to wait for an update. 

Why it took this long to hit us? No idea, perhaps there is something that has been built that is tweaking it out? mayhaps layoff teh redstone shenanigans for the short term until a 1.8.1 or something hits.

Or maybe it stays up for awhile now - I have no idea.

Did I mention I have no idea? I might have said that.

EDIT: Just joined for the first time in forever. The con kept spamming @flitterkill set gamemode survival. Over and over and over and over....

Nothing really, unless there is something hidden deeper in the linux logs. Minecraft and MyMCAdmin are all zilch as far as anything actionable in the logs. It's been up for awhile now, and honestly, this nonsense might be why a week ago our server provider had to shut down the VPS as it went wild taking all the CPU. Blame is firmly on 1.8 as far as I'm concerned, esp. since the server is a bare bones Centos 6.5 with java and Minecraft added and nothing else. That and it has been fine forever, until 1.8 showed up...