Organize a tournament?

Shippuden

I wanted to learn,

if there is the possibility of a tournament l4d2,
I know it's hard to gather 20 people in one day,
but I think that administrators can make a repestable tournament and people have fun.
Maybe a 4 vs 4, 2 vs 2, etc etc.
And the prize,  be the first to get satifaccion for example.

I hope someday organizen a tournament,
and so to have a good time with everyone,

Thanks for reading this topic

"A united team
It is a difficult team to beat "

We tried a tournament before.  It was really hard to get everyone for both teams to agree on a specific time and day.  I have thought about other ways to organize one also.  Maybe a one day tournament would work.  If people cant make it, then we go with whoever shows.  I will think about this.  If anyone has ideas, feel free to post

I think if all the administrators meet and decide how to accomplish this, I'm sure it would be a very pleasant and memorable tournament as long as the appropriate rules are set as well as what days the tournament will be held.

*Fixed

• Like 1

These are all just thoughts...

1) We would need to pick a specific day (days) and time first.  Last time we relied on teams to negotiate times/days between 16 players, which is impossible.

2) Teams - I was thinking after we pick a day, everyone who wants to play can then "sign up".  We then pick teams.  I could assign them (then I wouldn't put myself on one), based on my opinion, and try to make them as even as possible.  Crash suggested we could use PPM to make them.

3) number of players - I was thinking either 8v8 or 6v6, but have 2 extra players, because 1 or 2 people will either not show, or have connection problems, etc.  The extra players would sub in (as swat says above)

4) type of game - I would like to keep the game the same as we play on the server now (no friendly fire, points system, etc), only difference would be number of players

5) length of game - if we played a full campaign, we will only get one match in for the night.  What if we played just 2 maps of a campaign?

6) specs - keep spec spots, and allow the subs to watch the game from there, and come in if needed (someone drops)?

7) use both servers at same time?  have two matches going, 4 teams? then a second round, winner vs winner?  I guess it depends how many sign up

1) We would need to pick a specific day (days) and time first.  Last time we relied on teams to negotiate times/days between 16 players, which is impossible.

Day will be according to the server logs, that is, there is increasing number of players trying to enter and / or playing.

2) Teams - I was thinking after we pick a day, everyone who wants to play can then "sign up".  We then pick teams.  I could assign them (then I wouldn't put myself on one), based on my opinion, and try to make them as even as possible.  Crash suggested we could use PPM to make them.

Great xD

3) number of players - I was thinking either 8v8 or 6v6, but have 2 extra players, because 1 or 2 people will either not show, or have connection problems, etc.  The extra players would sub in (as swat says above)

It may be 5 vs 5 with 2 extra players.

4) type of game - I would like to keep the game the same as we play on the server now (no friendly fire, points system, etc), only difference would be number of players

the same rules would be great, but we must see if there is any advantage for 5 vs 5, 6 vs 6 or 8 vs 8 is different to play 10 vs. 10

5) length of game - if we played a full campaign, we will only get one match in for the night.  What if we played just 2 maps of a campaign?

all season  would be good,

6) specs - keep spec spots, and allow the subs to watch the game from there, and come in if needed (someone drops)?

implement the livestream would be great to see it from anywhere in the world xD

• 3 weeks later...

More than one will be waiting for the tournament,
I would not be exaggerated,
but if everything goes, alright,
perhaps, can do a world tournament,
well as games
 counter, dota 2, etc etc.

See a world tournament "l4d2" organized by administrators.
would be great.

expect more news of possible tournament.

See a world tournament of "L4d2" organized by administrators."

Why not organized by you?  Step up!

because my English is bad  xD

Tournament is set up

Crash made a signup form, go here for info

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45392-l4d2-tournament-sign-up/?p=545559

Edit - fixed link

great, thanks for organizing a tournament.

wish is implemented on twitch.tv

. xD