Banned from Left for Dead 10 vs 10

Vasilcin

Hi there Admins, i just started up left for dead 2 (haven't played for quite some time). And to my surprise i was banned from my favorite server, I don't know why since it was ages ago that i played. But i can imagine it had something to do with language, i got quite the sailors mouth sometimes; which is not all that charming. 

i graciously and humbly ask that you great ones lift my ban and allow me to play with you once more, and i pledge to do my uttermost to avoid speaking like a, like a... dang it's hard to describe it without cursing. but i assume that you get the point that I am trying to make. 

My sincerest apologies for any misstep that i have made in the past, my steam ID is (if I've done it correctly) STEAM_0:1:23783968

At the time i think i went under the name Cletus Tuckson, or "The baby jesus"

Welcome to the forums.  

You were banned a year ago perm-ban by MPG for language, it seems like you realize you do have a sailors mouth.  We are a no swear server, once MPG comes along to address it and possibly a board member, we are a forgiving community, so it is possible that we can have you unbanned, but be mindful there will be tolerance for the swearing. 

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Hello and welcome.

WOW - banned one year ago - this must be a new record.

Is this you  Emil Jansson Vasilcin ?

If this is you, I'm am not going to unban you - idc how long ago it was, a perma-ban means what it means, Permanent and in this case it should remain, regardless of an apology.

Your language is really something out of the gutter - violent and sexually explicit.  People who threaten others with acts of murderous rape are not wlecome here in my opinion.

Edited by MPG1770

yes that is me, I can't recall saying anything that horrendous, are you sure?

well that's a bummer if so, i really enjoyed playing on your server; and i have matured quite a bit since last time i assure you.

It just feels wrong that i have been instantly perma-banned, i would get it if i had been banned before; like with the American Justice system, three strikes then it's life.

but if there is nothing i can say or do then i guess this is it. hopefully if i comment again in 20 years you might find it in yourself to give a guy a second chance.  

I will say Vasilcin, in MPG's defense, the only reason we usually go to life, like the justice system, is if it's a pretty harsh swearing or the context or what was said.  That being said, you do seem remorseful, and I see no issue with your unban, but we'll see what a board member says.  

If you do come back though remember your words :), 3 strikes, your first one was clearly a big one, but yes 1 year is a long time.  It's good that you do enjoy our servers, and if you come back I hope you enjoy them, and look forward to you being a positive rule following player :).

You should not compare an organization of gamers offering servers for free to the gaming community, to a government.  We are supported by our members and admins.  We have our own rules and penalties which if you do not follow, you are free to play elsewhere.

I unbanned you, but only because you were banned only one time, it has been a year, you have promised to follow our rules and the admins seem okay with a second chance.

However, I have noted in your ban history, if you have any violation of our rules at all, the ban will be permanent and not lifted again.

Please make sure you know our rules, they are listed in this website and in our message of the day on the server.  If you have any questions about our rules, ask an admin or send me a message.