Workshop items have been disabled

crasx

Hi everyone.

You may have noticed that workshop items have been disabled and now you want to post angrily. Please do so here.

But first, let me tell you why.

GC is all about fair gaming without the e-thugs. We want you to join our servers and not have to worry about n00bs using their "1337" hax to give them an unfair advantage, or buttholes joining and harassing you the entire night.  It was recently brought to our attention that  some well known players were using such mods. We knew this may happen at some point, but we did not expect it to come from members who contribute  our community.

Jackie spent a good deal of time trying to find a way to allow workshop mods and block some of the more cheat-y ones but was unable to. As such we had to disable all workshop mods on the servers.

Custom maps are not affected by this

Game on - fairly

GC Board

• Like 3

I support this.

I've used custom crosshairs in the past, along with a Hunter's rainbow (which is probably a cheat on ProMod but here it's sketchy at best), and while they did help me so much, after a while I had to disable them out of framerate issues.

Now I just stick to default and stock, and I think most people should be playing this way. It evens out the playing field and makes everything more enjoyable, since really the factors that a person relies on is much less.

I support this.

I've used custom crosshairs in the past, along with a Hunter's rainbow (which is probably a cheat on ProMod but here it's sketchy at best), and while they did help me so much, after a while I had to disable them out of framerate issues.

...and makes everything more enjoyable...

I completely disagree with vanilla being more enjoyable. If that were the case, we wouldn't have the plethora of mods that actually make this game still worth installing. Playing pure is good for confogl or regular versus. I don't know how people on this server or anyone who has been playing this game for a while (15000+hours)can say that vanilla l4d2 is actually enjoyable. Vanilla is boring once you've seen what's out there. Players only limit themselves by spurning mods/skins/music changes etc.

• Like 3

There goes my skeleton common infected skin. Which was an advantage to see through during horde.

I haven't played in few days, maybe i should, today. :(

And more other skins. ;)

Edited by TestCharacter
  • Like 1

I support this.

...and makes everything more enjoyable...

I completely disagree with vanilla being more enjoyable. If that were the case, we wouldn't have the plethora of mods that actually make this game still worth installing. Playing pure is good for confogl or regular versus. I don't know how people on this server or anyone who has been playing this game for a while (15000+hours)can say that vanilla l4d2 is actually enjoyable. Vanilla is boring once you've seen what's out there. Players only limit themselves by spurning mods/skins/music changes etc.

I may be wrong in my interpretation, but my thought is that "everything more enjoyable" refers to an even playing field, less finger-pointing / complaining, etc.  *shrugs*

It's a bummer that I can no longer see Coach running around wearing thigh-highs and pink heels (hahahahaaaa), but I'll pay that price to ensure that advantages aren't being exposed.

And it seems obvious to me that if certain mods clearly exhibit an unfair advantage, then they should not be allowed (what's to argue about that point).  So now, there's just yelling and screaming from the people jumping up and down and pounding their fists because they can't rely on something they used to rely on when playing.  Tsk, tsk.  :11doh:

• Like 1

I can understand why a change like this have happen but in the end I just can't support it. Call it for selfish reasons but many of us are thinking of the same thing and that we love our custom mods. Not the cheating ones of course, I don't use any of those and most of us as well (I hope). Is the cosmetics that changes the guns, survivors, infected, skyboxes or even ammo piles that brings more life to this game. We spent at least 1k - 4k hours in this game, I would want to see something different aside from the pale and boring design of the same thing EVERY day. Is frustrating for me that a few bad apples would affect the whole lot and we all got dump into the bin without even a headsup. Hell, if this really isn't open for discussion or debate of any sort, why not just lock this topic in the first place?

• Like 2