Workshop items have been disabled

crasx

I wonder how much better I would of been had I used these "advantages." Gonna miss Eren's scream.

Why do you waste your time on l4d2? You should use your talent on something like csgo!

I use to play a lot of source a couple of years ago, not really into cs anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

It's unfortunate that cheaters have to ruin the fun for everyone else. I didn't even know there WERE cheats in Steam workshop. First, I want to say that I'm not going to argue or debate about this, because I do respect the admins decision as it was decided on good intention. I will say that I find playing on gc a lot more boring, because I used to get excited to test new gun mods and finding new music for the Tank, etc. It was something that kept me coming back for more. Regardless, thank you for everything.

finding new music for the Tank, etc. It was something that kept me coming back for more. Regardless, thank you for everything.

You can still change the music / sounds of infected/bgm/weapons/etc. Just search it on Google and replace the music files on your steam folder. Once you replaced your sound files, start L4D2 and type in the console snd_updateaudiocache, once updating is done, open console again and type snd_rebuildaudiocache. The game will freeze for a few minutes, but it's normal. Once done, reboot game and enjoy the new sounds of your game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We just wanted to give everyone an update on Workshop Addons.  As of now, we allow workshop addons on server #2 only. We originally removed them because of a few people using certain addons which we felt gave them an unfair advantage (basically a cheat). Unfortunately, we had to remove everything in order to get rid of the small number of cheats.

Since the original decision to remove the addons, we then decided to allow them again on server #2 only. One reason for the change is because many custom maps either will not run without them being enabled or have texture problems.  Also, there was a large response asking for them.

The purpose of my post today is to clarify: Any addon or anything that gives a player an unfair advantage, will always be considered a cheat. We have zero tolerance for any type of cheating. Anyone we deem to be using a cheat will be immediately and permanently banned.  I strongly suggest not using anything that will put you in this situation. It really should be obvious, but If you are unsure if something could be considered a cheat, feel free to ask.

Thought it might be worth mentioning also...Players send in demos quite often accusing people of cheating. We post them in the admin forum, for all admins and board members to have a chance to view.  We have banned cheaters from these demos.  I will watch every demo submitted, regardless of who sent it or who is being accused.  If you suspect someone of cheating, take a demo and send it in.