Accusing Admins of Cheating, Admin Respect

707killa

Hello 707killa here I am grateful for this awesome server being here and am glad we have a great community here.  I was kicked from the L4d2 server today and i would like to share my experience to help out future situations.  I questioned if a player on the other team was supervillan with voicechat.  He responded with yes in the chat.  I then stated "it is kind of cheap that admins can hear us talking" LRwarrior proceeds to say that "the admins are CHEATING".  Supervillan then disrespectfully tells us that "everything we would say is obvious and we should STOP CRYING"  then i hear maestro for a split second talking about accusing admins of cheating is serious. before i was kicked without warning.  I never accused any admins of cheating, this is a rule that is not clear to everyone, i hope admins will make this more clear before they disrespect you and kick you.  I show respect to all admins, i hope the same in return. PEACE.

4k http://instagram.com/707killa

1k http://youtube.com/killabho 

I did say "stop whining" about it after you two kept at it and followed it up by asking how else could we manage the server without hearing what is going on. You forgot to mention that you though most admin only become admin to have unfair advantages.

We also asked you to drop it and bring it to the forums where it could be discussed properly, not in game. If you have a problem with rules and other server settings you bring it to the forums, in game where others are trying to have fun is not the proper venue.

If I offended you with my "whining" comment then I apologize.

If you think that you are going to come up with some super strategy of attack that I have not seen in the 1000 hours I have played on the server than I doubt it. I overall try to tune you guys out because it is distracting to my play and I don't care what you are planning on doing in game. I only have the audio chat open so I can make sure that no one is breaking rules/cursing/being abusive. 

Again the server is not the venue to discuss you complaints about admin or rules, you were asked to stop. You were also being disrespectful to us while we are just trying to do our jobs. For the those reasons you were removed and for those reasons I will remove you again if needed.

You were not banned, so if you want to continue playing the servers are open to you. Please try to keep it a place of fun for all and bring all other problems here in the future.

Thanks.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1

i was not even talking about admins cheating, just about how they can hear us talk.  This rule is vague, and you should really listen in before you decide to take action, because i was not talking when i was kicked.

Edited by 707killa

i was not even talking about admins cheating, just about how they can hear us talk.  This rule is vague, and you should really listen in before you decide to take action, because i was not talking when i was kicked.

Well jeez should admins listen or not?

This is not going to change. We believe admins need alltalk to perform their duties. Admins do not just pay to be able to cheat, we choose them based on their dedication and trustworthiness. We do not think they will abuse their power. It hasn't been an issue as long as I have been around. If you have any proof that they are send it to myself or pb&j. If not I suggest you drop this and stop worrying about it or go play elsewhere. If I hear about these accusations again and there is no proof you will be banned

• Like 3

Just following up to Crash's post above.

We do have rules about arguing/debating admins in the server:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/40366-joining-gamerscoalition-faq-and-dues/?p=486635

If you believe an admin (or another member) is doing something wrong, get proof, send to me (or another board member), send in through the report system on the website, or post it on the website.  If you argue on the server, expect to get one warning to stop, then you will be kicked.  If you come back and continue, expect to be banned. 

Again, send me all the complaints (with proof) that you want.  Just don't cause a problem on the servers.

Man the only advantage I ever got from the hearing the other side was being able to hear Turbo squawk when I slapped him :)  Otherwise, it is pretty close to unintelligible - especially when things got busy.

I guess it helped me get rid of a mic spammer or two...

• Like 4

There was no continual talking, the whole exchange was within 2 minutes I would bet. 707 said something like "it is kind of cheap that admins can hear us talking" then I stated a fact by saying something like "yea the admins cheat", as any online gamer would agree having an unfair advantage is cheating by definition.

Having the owner of a server allow you to cheat on their server doesn't change the fact it is cheating being able to hear or see what the other team is planning. I understand that you all believe having an unfair advantage is necessary for you to be an effective admin and that your all special people that would never give in to human nature and make use of information you hear, and that may well be so, but it doesn't change the fact that having an unfair advantage is still called cheating. If it offends you that you are cheating you can turn on alltalk for everyone and the unfair advantage would dissapear, anyhow we weren't "whining" we were conversing whith each other untill Madvillain started "whining" about what we were saying because he heard us using the unfair advantage commonly refered to as a cheat to listen to our conversation.

It was already over when Maestro said drop it and I did then Madvillain kept typing to me about it so I thought it was ok to answer him since he is an admin, and then I was kicked.

I wasn't arguing or debating with an admin I was expressing my opinion to another player which as far as I know there is no rule against then I was responding to an admin so I didn't get kicked for ignoring an admin.

Stating a fact is not being disrespectful, the truth hurts for a reason...

One persons facts are another persons baseless opinion. You are mistaken, and you will not win this argument.  There is no upside to this for you. Either accept that the admins need to hear everything that is going on and enjoy the game, or don't and leave. Your choice. Both choices are acceptable in your case.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

There was no continual talking, the whole exchange was within 2 minutes I would bet. 707 said something like "it is kind of cheap that admins can hear us talking" then I stated a fact by saying something like "yea the admins cheat", as any online gamer would agree having an unfair advantage is cheating by definition.

Having the owner of a server allow you to cheat on their server doesn't change the fact it is cheating being able to hear or see what the other team is planning. I understand that you all believe having an unfair advantage is necessary for you to be an effective admin and that your all special people that would never give in to human nature and make use of information you hear, and that may well be so, but it doesn't change the fact that having an unfair advantage is still called cheating. If it offends you that you are cheating you can turn on alltalk for everyone and the unfair advantage would dissapear, anyhow we weren't "whining" we were conversing whith each other untill Madvillain started "whining" about what we were saying because he heard us using the unfair advantage commonly refered to as a cheat to listen to our conversation.

It was already over when Maestro said drop it and I did then Madvillain kept typing to me about it so I thought it was ok to answer him since he is an admin, and then I was kicked.

I wasn't arguing or debating with an admin I was expressing my opinion to another player which as far as I know there is no rule against then I was responding to an admin so I didn't get kicked for ignoring an admin.

I'm So OVER THIS.   Everyday you call admins cheaters.  We are cheaters if we are all on the same team, we are cheaters because we can hear everyone, we are cheaters because we can move people around.  I have heard it out of your mouth a 100 times, and it's getting so old.

So let's say we don't listen to both sides Warrior, fine, then when only one admin is on, "Hey Chick x is cussing", "Hey Chick x is rushing", "Hey Chick x is afk", Nope you said that in mic, can't hear you, type it out, and enjoy your team yelling at you for stopping, or enjoy those free attacks from infected, and goodluck encase I miss it.  Oh 2 members are being disrespectful/ or just talking a lot on  your team making it hard to play, well go ahead and tell me.  I know this is extreme, but seriously I just want you to either shut up or go play somewhere else.

We let you insult admins and you know that's are fault's for not banning/kicking you sooner.  Because honestly you are one of the few people I have ever seen accuse, every single admin of cheating at one point or another.  And I'm over it.  So like I said either play somewhere else, or keep it zipped and stop accusing admins of cheating.

Edited by chick82

I do not call individual admins cheaters you hear no such thing every day I have no idea what your reference to moving people around is other than the other day I asked if the opposing team could be made stronger with a swap and you obliged and I thanked you. As far as when I complained after getting stomped 2 games in a row by a team with 4 admins on it that can hear what we are sayin and thinking that might be helping them is just a normal reaction I would think.

I've heard you completely flip out for far less, but I understand I am not an admin so I should just "shut up" and keep my opinions to myself.

I believe along with many people that having an unfair advantage is cheating, but I do not continually complain about it, your extreme exaggerations and baseless accusations aside I believe it has only come up 3 times and as 707 has said I didn't bring it up I just commented on it and I have not seen a rule outlawing opinions.

I never said don't listen I said make it alltalk for everyone if you think the whole server will fall apart if you can't hear everything or better yet stop being so sensitive about it when someone doesn't think the way you do and don't change anything.

Stop lying Warrior.  You got mad at Peanut the other day and accused him of stacking.  You complain all the time.  And it's spilled over into members.  The other day you came into game and said "I left the other server bc (player) was there and I come here and he's here".  Keep stuff like that to yourself.  And no it's not just a once in a while, I can tell you on at least 10 different occassions when you are losing your first comment is "yeah because the admins can hear us".  You do it all the time, and it's just getting old.

I don't have a problem with people's opinions, I have an issue with you constantly insulting admins and making accusations, I have been on the other server and had admins PM me saying "Well Warrior thinks we are cheating again".  

Like I said it's our fault for not taking action sooner, and I can promise you from here on out if you continue to make false accusations it's going to get you (or anyone) kicked or banned.  We have forums and a reporting system to keep it off the server and not ruin other people's games.  

Also, if you don't think what you say doesn't play onto new players you are wrong, I've had people question us listening to everyone after your snarky comments about us "cheating", and yet you seem to be like "Oh it's ummm oh well uh it's not big deal, it's human nature to do it".  Seriously just stop Warrior, I'm just so over it, all the admins are.  If you are losing it's clearly our faults, if you are winning clearly it's admins on your team making you win, idk what to tell you warrior other then like I said either Shut Up or Go Play Somewhere else.  

But I will kick/ban you the next time you make an accusation, about anyone, even players.

• Like 1

This is going nowhere, and your condescending crap via moderator report doesn't help your case at all.

We're not changing what's worked for years because two people think that our admins are cheating by enforcing our rules. 

• Like 3