What mic/headset should I buy?

stutters

I stopped paying attention to these kind of things and have no idea what's good or what I should be looking for. Can you help?

• Primary use for gaming, but also video calls at work (so I can expense it).
  • Only running laptops these days and I'd love it to be portable (ie no external amp).
  • Would love to stay at or under $150, but willing to spend a little more for the luxury of talking with Shaftiel.

Thanks!

For gaming wise i use the logitech G430's there about i think 70 dollars or so,But there kinda big. They work amazing for me, and i run a laptop too. But for like taking headsets on the go umm i would maybe look in to some of the steel series they seem to me smaller headsets compared to the rest of the gaming headset market i feel. but i could be completely wrong lol.

the steel series siberia v2: much more comfortable than my old plantronics.... sound... it's good, and the surround feature works well... (so that's where those steps came from); but the sound is just 'good' in my opinion.  Not bad for the price point. 

I've only used four "gaming" headsets so I'll list them from my favorite to least.

1. Steel Series V2 Frost Edition: Very lightweight, it doesn't really clamp down too hard, simple. the mic slides in and out instead of moving up and down. Voltume Control on mic doesn't change windows volume.

2. Tritton AX 720: Everything is big but the one version I got didn't function well with PCs back then. Uses external digital 7.1 sound. Still comfortable after long periods of time

3. Asus Vulcan: Skip it

The last one I just got and I'm giving a test run.

Corsair Vengeance: clamps down harder than the other 3. The cushion is not very soft. Even if windows is at 1% the volume is extremly loud. 2% and up is ear drum breaking. After using it for a week, volume is insanly high even with older drivers, volume control changes windows volume, white noise and humming, Skip it.

Edited by onyxdragoon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the steel series siberia v2: much more comfortable than my old plantronics.... sound... it's good, and the surround feature works well... (so that's where those steps came from); but the sound is just 'good' in my opinion.  Not bad for the price point. 

Did you get the USB or 3.5 version?

Awesome cans

$82

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Plus Awesome Mic

$50

http://www.modmic.com/products/modmic-4-0

Much much much better then an integrated unit IMO.

IS THIS WHAT FARB USES?!?

WANT WHAT FARB USES

I do kinda want to step my headphone quality up, I have a pair of real cheap sennheisers. I also use a broken logitech usb headset around my neck for a mic. Just like the proz.

• Like 1

Awesome cans

$82

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Plus Awesome Mic

$50

http://www.modmic.com/products/modmic-4-0

Much much much better then an integrated unit IMO.

IS THIS WHAT FARB USES?!?

WANT WHAT FARB USES

I do kinda want to step my headphone quality up, I have a pair of real cheap sennheisers. I also use a broken logitech usb headset around my neck for a mic. Just like the proz.

Everyone should be more like Farb.  #WWFD

I'm not looking up prices.....Ella's are the most expensive but prolly worth it....

Yours truly wearing Corsair.  Plug and play, inline volume...and look at the beauty between the speakers...wow.  These are comphy.

post-3-0-57754800-1419473790_thumb.jpg

Ella wearing Steelseries.  They glow blue on and off...I unplug it when she's away because I swear it shows up on my electric bill.  However, wow....you can't tell these things are on your head.  I'm pretty sure she took the prize of the four.  Also, the mic goes in and out and is very flexible.  It's just top notch.

post-3-0-90297400-1419473803_thumb.jpg

Elena sporting the Logictech G35.  I bought these for her because I swear you could play tug-o-war with the cord.  Quick access dials on the side for volume etc.

post-3-0-72297900-1419473851_thumb.jpg

Mya wearing Plantronics GameComm.  I believe these could boast a wife / girlfriend blocking ability because this kid can't hear me when I talk to her (i.e. me from the kitchen while she's gaming).

post-3-0-26709600-1419473820_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've only used four "gaming" headsets so I'll list them from my favorite to least.

1. Steel Series V2 Frost Edition: Very lightweight, it doesn't really clamp down too hard, simple. the mic slides in and out instead of moving up and down. Voltume Control on mic doesn't change windows volume.

This might be what Ella has, dunno about the frosty v2 stuff, but the description fits....

This might be what Ella has, dunno about the frosty v2 stuff, but the description fits....

Yup, that is the same one. I like it a lot. Right now, I am using the one you have in your pic but I am not a fan.