"PLAYERS BEWARE!!!!

GummyBear

Yesterday I went and left my computer on all day 3 players sent me a file that looked like a picture so I clicked on it come to show it was an executable file .exe so that I did not open 3 people again sent me this so be careful when opening stuff you might get your account information stolen with this. 

I trust all the files which are sent to me, but my Antivirus is so smart it lets me know if the file is a bad one.

Thank God for antiviruses, without them, I would have not survived in this wretched world wide web.

Edited by TestCharacter

Don't download warez or applications that you don't know the source of.

thats crazy talk

JK

Be careful   you can get a virus just by going to some websites ( i think)  ESET protects me from them if i happen to go to one of them

I have used ESET  and Dont think i have had a virus since i started  using it, cause my computer hangs out in some pretty sleazy places

so what happened was it is a bot 
*LINK REMOVED*
this is what it is it looks like it auto sends with infected computer. BOT
User beware malwarebytes is good as well as microsoft security essentials sometimes that is what I use never had a problem. 

so what happened was it is a bot 
*LINK REMOVED*
this is what it is it looks like it auto sends with infected computer. BOT
User beware malwarebytes is good as well as microsoft security essentials sometimes that is what I use never had a problem.

Do not click the bloddy link.

JackieEdit*
DO NOT post those links, please.

Edited by JackieChan

for premium antivirus, I prefer the following: Bitdefender, Kaspersky, G Data

for free antivirus, it would be Comodo, Malwarebyte (but no active protection), Hitman Pro, Avast (decent in 0day detection)

I have used Webroot, Norton, Emsisoft, Vipre and they are ok. Webroot and Norton used to be a system resource eater, but not sure how good is it now. I love Bitdefender since it runs silent in the background. Even scanning doesn't hinder my gaming experience

Edited by Protomanx13

Just spent 5 hrs cleaning my dads new PC.  And he had anti virus, but remember all the software is reactive and the best way is to remove admin access to the local pc and even some policies for the user.  I am going back to my dads house today to run some more cleanup and lockdowns.

Malwarebytes is one of the better programs out there.  Going into Safe-mode and running a Malwarebytes scan can be pretty effective.

Although it is annoying when I was a sales person at Best Buy, everyone I would talk to would say, "Well, I get Norton through the cable company" and I would die a little inside each time...maybe that's why I don't have emotions anymore...

ProTip: Internet Providers do not give a subscription anti-virus, they give the free version which makes people think that it's protecting them when it doesn't have real-time protection.

• Like 1