laser sight q

lordbaby

hello there, i realize that my laser sight isnt working in gc for a long time..

specifically i cant see the red dot or the laser like everyone else is pointing around..

might be the setting? any clue? do i have to mess with the crosshair setting?

it shows in single player but not in gc servers.

thanks

Hello there, i tried to verify and still have the same issue

It happens to other guns besides the awp, such as, the ak47

i think it is there when it is on but feel cooler and easier to see with it in sight with my bad eyes

any experience with fixinig this mess is much appreciated

Architect is old. From the days of y'ore when internets were conducted through landlines thereby annoying the family by tying up the phone line and preventing anyone else from using the phone.

Also all downloads would be interrupted if someone picked up the phone.

Speed? 2400 baud would be less than 5k/second. Yes. Kilobytes.

• Like 1

Uh...thread derailed.  :wacko: 

@ Lord.  I had same issue too.  But your crosshairs get smaller and your grouping gets tighter once you get the laser even if you can't see the laser or red dot.  Also, I had to re-install the game because I accidentally deleted steam folder, but I can confirm that fixes the problem.... Just fyi if the lack of visual cue really bothers you that much lol.

You guys must be talking about those dial up modems.  I read about them in college!  5kb/s??!  I would lose my mind.  No wonder ya'll so weird.

(edited)

cant seem to get screen shots but just right click on the game in your library then go down to properties then go on the local files tab and then click on verify integrity of game cache.

{Edit} wow did all that then realized pumpernickel already said it...

Edited by Ignis

I remember back at the turn ofbr century when our internet was only 10.00 a month and was slow as anything. Literally the cheapest internet one could afford. Bad ol dialup days. This is for you kids who don't know what it was like.Classic 90's - The Kids Guide to the Internet:

Johnny, you talk about hairy butts you enjoy looking at. Kettle calling the pot black.

Edited by Pumpernickel
  • Like 2

(edited)

I remember back at the turn ofbr century when our internet was only 10.00 a month and was slow as anything. Literally the cheapest internet one could afford. Bad ol dialup days. This is for you kids who don't know what it was like.Classic 90's - The Kids Guide to the Internet: 

Johnny, you talk about hairy butts you enjoy looking at. Kettle calling the pot black.

ha. The interwebs improving kids grades. HA.

Edited by Ignis
  • Like 1

(edited)

The Kids Guide to the Internet:

as soon as the music started i stoped it.

cringed hard/10 - nope the hell out.

ha.The interwebs improving kids grades

wikipedia is the best thing ever.

Edited by anzul

Anzul such a late millennial. You missed out on what we had to watch either growing up or being apart of. You don't know how good y'all got it. The only old computer stuff I remember was MacOS with the face icon, Oregon Trail, and Windows 95 and playing Jazz the Jackrabbit.... and Gemstorm.

Too many ands. Don't care.

Edited by Pumpernickel
  • Like 1

(edited)

Anzul such a late millennial. You missed out on what we had to watch either growing up or being apart of. You don't know how good y'all got it. The only old computer stuff I remember was MacOS with the face icon, Oregon Trail, and Windows 95 and playing Jazz the Jackrabbit.... and Gemstorm.

man, i remenber  jazz rabitt 2, it was the best thing ever.

the music alone was so much fun.

so danm glitchy tho!

Edited by anzul

Gemstone warrior was the best! I had my first PC back in the mid '80s running MSDOS 3.3. No mambo pamby windows managers or ui. orange monochrome monitor probably running 320x240. and don't forget the turbo button. Edited by Architect