Looking for 9er and rainy

lordbaby

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45677-unban-request/

Per Peanut's suggestion, I have started a post here for 9er and rainy to add their valuable discussion if they come by.

Other players in this game havent shown up so far are encourage to add their 2 cents.

Thank you Peanut for the great suggestion. This will be a very good reference for many new comers for future reference.

Today, I am able to get in touch to rainy again.

I was advice by Rainy that Johnny has talked to him privately, given a demo, and instructed that I rushed. He cannot come forward as a result. It sounds like witness tempering to me because when I contact Rainy yesterday, i did not add any comment, I simply send him a link and invite him to tell his own story. I pointed this out not because I am accusing Johnny doing anything wrong, I just want to explain to Johnny and admins that players may have a different perspectives and intention on certain move first-hand-knowledgably. I, myself, at no time has any intention to break a rule.

When I talk to Rainy, I did not defend myself, nor said anything else about the validity of the call, because I want to have a fair comment from a player's real time perspective. A player's real time perspective is much better than a demo because a single demo doesn't tell the whole story on a judgment call, but merely shows the end product. If a witness is tempered, he or she can only tell someone's else story. In fact, it did. This could be potentially unfair and we would try hard to avoid this in the future. I spend the time to point this out because this is a discussion thread.

The fact is, Rainy first told me I did not rush (made a legal run) without I even asking his opinion or giving any peer pressure, and would happily come forward to tell his story.  

I hope other witness(es) can come forward with their first-hand instinct and without any peer pressure (not saying there is).  Althought, rainy is not coming he did added, ”you seem like a really nice person. and im sure your intention wasnt to abandon your team, but on a technical level, it was viewed as rushing by the admin team, and several other members. FOR ME, i couldnt really tell in game, because i thought everyone died, but then the screenshot and demo showed that there were 3 other people behind me and yazakamua or something... they got hit by a car".

If a first-hand player thought everyone is died.. don't you think other players can think the same way? The game went so fast, it is different from a demo where you can slow down and play 10 times. If I can go back 10 moves ahead every game I play, I bet I gonna be the best players in the world. However, I can't. I think similarly the way Rainy did and made a run for the benefit of the team. From the screenshot/demo, it merely shows I made a run. From neutral 3rd party players in the real time environment, they believe I made a legit run [Gandalf + Rainy (wait on more witness)] and or should made a run [paintball + miulis]. For myself, I have ZERO intention to break a rule or cause any trouble to Johnny and the admin team.

And correct me if I am wrong, Im trying my best to remember this.. Given the fact there are a total of 6 suvivors. 1 died, 2 incap, and 3 up. And technically 4 out of 5 alive player believe a run should take place, I think that is the majority if we can sit down, have a cup of tea, and vote on it. However, admins have the right to make calls, I merely want to point this out.  

?  I've not talked to any members directly involved that night, except Charon to tell her to post her side of events if she wants.  So saying I talked to Rainy is 100% inaccurate.  In any case, Peanut has the demo, that shows events from start to finish.  If you want an unbiased opinion, you should let Peanut review and we will decide.  An admin spectating the entire team from above, not playing, no focused on shooting infected or ANY gameplay, is about as unbiased as it can be.

Edited by MeJohnny

I will look at the demo soon.  Rushing is against the rules of our server.  We have plenty of information on this website about what rushing is and why it is not allowed.  There are some times when rushing is justified.  We have information about that as well on this website.  I did not mean we should come start a new post to debate your specific ban immediately, before I even see the demo.  I just meant in general, if you want to talk about what is justified rushing and what is not, this would be the place for people to discuss that.

In general, if you leave your teammates, expect to be warned, kicked or banned.  If you are in a situation where most of your team is dead, the couple that are alive are incapped, there are multiple tanks up, it would probably be justified to rush.  If anyone has any questions or comments about when rushing is allowed, they should post

Thanks peanut for spending the time on this. I value your opinion. Even the ban sticks, I still appreciate your attempt to help me. I enjoy playing with you a lot.

In game, a player may not be able to view from the perspective of a demo but from a real time situation that forced one to make a quick decision. There is no intention to break a rule, and intention is an important to judge the seriousness of the act. I notice that a demo can only show that much, but it could be the only evidence available for the admin team to study in a general situation. Now, assume we have a full house and we review all twenty demos, you will easies see the differences.

In a discussion stand point, I hope that further evidence from the witnesses can be admitted to make a final decision too. I say this because a demo cannot show what the players think, otherwise we wouldn't have real time player witnesses telling different stories. This is only a suggestion and it may be repetitive or in place already, nevertheless it not a bad idea to bring it up again.

I did find out now that Johnny has made a warning. Had the warning make it to the right player as intended (I suppose it is for the survivor, not infected), it could avoid the incident. Granted a warning is not needed on the book, it is a friendly thing to do, so I am appreciated that Johnny did make the attempt to do so. And I appreiate his effort to help out the server.

There are however one silly mistake I found out after the fact, i have mistaken that painball is part of the admin team, so when he yell in the mic, i was kinda distracted.

In general, I will and do stick to the back. Just getting a break from work, get to go.

Since the other thread is locked, i'll say it here. At first I didn't want to post even when I was asked as a participant, until I read the thread.

I'm not out to get you, in fact even though we have differences before, because of how you act toward new players in the past calling them names etc ( I dont see you do that anymore), I never took the evidences and report you to any admins. Its good to see that you no longer do that, people can change , so as of now i don't see any reason to go out of my way to sabotage you. So I don't see why you had to brought up your opinions about me ( yes, opinions, because we never talk ), which aren't related to that topic, in a way to put me down. I might have been bad in the past, so I keep my mouth shut in game, rarely type except game related content or telling people who break rules to learn and follow it.

Anyway, it seems I wasn't telling lies in this case.

Edited by CHARON
  • Like 1