Simplify the Map Rotation and Map Voting

Girlzilla

We need a discussion about our map rotation and voting practices on the GC pub.

*We're all here to have fun.  Please don't get mad.*

I think we need to simplify our map rotation.  Cut down on the number of maps and put in a solid rotation of popular maps like office, contra, nuke, etc. to increase the amount of people coming and *staying*.  I don't think the map voting is working well.  Too many options, and things like dust2 always win. I feel like I'm playing the same 3-4 maps over and over.

I'm sure other people can jump in and say stuff.  I'm not alone, am I? :(  

Can we add rock the vote?

This discussion is already happening in the admins area.......and if you cut the map vote down to 6 or 7 maps........ you're still  gonna play the same 3/4 maps alot......maybe even more

Voting is just a tool for the server when admins are not present.   If admins are present  the longest connected should access the situation and make the best decision for the server along with making sure our rules are enforced.  I've outlined how the server should be handled with admins present.  If the current longest connected admin doesn't want the responsibility of map selection he/she should pass it on to the next longest connected.  If you  just played D2, Nuke, Season....... then  you should not let map vote decide the next map. Instead you should set Inferno, Mirage or Office.

I've outlined and stressed this in the admins lounge in some of the pinned threads at the top.   I would link it but only admins would be able to read and they are easy to find.