GTA V for PC

Johnny

Me and Slim are going to be thuggin' around town all day erry day.  We are now accepting applications to join to stoop crew.

I'm for sure buying this game

Only TRU ethugz should apply.

I'm gonna stalk you guys and pick off your crew one by one :D

We won't be hard to find, just follow the trail of empty bottles, spent ammo, and broken hearts. 

• Like 1

Me and Slim are going to be thuggin' around town all day erry day.  We are now accepting applications to join to stoop crew.

I'm for sure buying this game

Only TRU ethugz should apply.

I'm gonna stalk you guys and pick off your crew one by one :D

We won't be hard to find, just follow the trail of empty bottles, spent ammo, and broken hearts. 

That sounds like my kind of crew. Sign me up!

• 1 month later...

Have you played the console versions, Johnny? (edit: you have, I should read earlier posts, lol)

I played a fair share of the PS3 version online and it was a huge headache mainly because how slow the console is itself and the painfully long loading scenes.  The game loves throwing you into a random online server (let's just call them servers for the sake of sanity).  There is an option to join other crew members, but sometimes that didn't work out very well either.  These were the only options in the PS3/360 versions when playing online:

AmaRecTV 2015-03-29 14-53-45-16.png

Personally, I liked playing in a server by myself to join jobs and whatnot, but to accomplish this was annoying in itself.  I had to:

-Start the game and wait 5 minutes for the game to load single player.  If I chose to boot up multiplayer, it would just throw me in a random server full of people which is what I didn't want

-Once the single player loaded, I had to pause the game, go to it's online option, and join a closed room which is for friends/crewmates only and then wait another 3 minutes for the multiplayer to load.

Basically, 10 minutes to get to where I wanted to go online...and don't get me started on the disaster of trying to find a coop mission to join...sometimes I would get stuck in an infinite loading scene, host wouldn't start the game, or the people I would play with just plain sucked so I would have to wait another 3 minutes to back out of that game to go back to an online game for it to throw me into a 16 person room again.

Ugh...here is to hoping the PC version is MUCH better (which it should be because I won't be running the game on ancient PS3 hardware).  Apart from heists, the PS3/360 versions are forgotten about.  At least now though I'll have people to play the game with.

• Like 1

Bought it for 360 during Black Friday sales, 2013.  But didn't really get chance to play cuz finishing school at the time.  Be nice to have some ppl to play it with.  Maybe even on a GC GTA 5 server like L4D?

We would have to congregate with each other in a random room.  No chance for dedicated servers or anything like that.  Each free-roam session you find yourself in when starting up GTA Online is like a lobby.  People will constantly drop in and drop out (friends or randoms).  In the console versions you could send friend invites to your game so friends could join you for free-roam fun, but that's the extent of everyone getting the chance to play together.  Maybe there will be other options in the PC version, but if the online version is going to be anything like the consoles, there will be some hoops you'll have to jump through to play with a wide group of friends all at once.

Of course, if you do heists and the like, you can invite friends to help out and whatnot which makes things easier.  Lobbies, not as streamlined.

We would have to congregate with each other in a random room.  No chance for dedicated servers or anything like that.  Each free-roam session you find yourself in when starting up GTA Online is like a lobby.  People will constantly drop in and drop out (friends or randoms).  In the console versions you could send friend invites to your game so friends could join you for free-roam fun, but that's the extent of everyone getting the chance to play together.  Maybe there will be other options in the PC version, but if the online version is going to be anything like the consoles, there will be some hoops you'll have to jump through to play with a wide group of friends all at once.

Of course, if you do heists and the like, you can invite friends to help out and whatnot which makes things easier.  Lobbies, not as streamlined.

I played the ps3 version and if you join a clan/crew, the game will most likely put you into a server that has a member of the crew.

Though I don't know if I want to play it again. Everything is so expensive in the game. Just when you buy one of the best sport cars, some a-hole hijack it and ramp it to a gas station 

Edited by Protomanx13

• 2 weeks later...