Gamers Coalition RPG

JackieChan

Haha, I have a level 5 peanut, but he still dies easily!

How?!  I got to level 5 at the end of the demo.  Are you remembering to buy armor and whatnot?  I'd have to say that taking Valen with you is considered the game's "easy" difficulty due to his level 3 skill.  Take advantage of Mike's "Call Them A Noob" skill on boss fights...

...Maybe I need to think about not making this "Jackie Difficulty"...

I did a little grinding to prep for those first 2 trolls, after that the levels came a little easier.

Is the Ice rink done?  I am having trouble getting past it - I guess I may have missed a certain something too, in your vast winter wonderland...

edit/ nope did not miss anything, just got caught in an endless loop that you can get into. Personally, I think Jackie intended this.

Also, there is a hole in the wall of one of the higher (if up is high) lever rooms and I can walk into the darkness!

Thanks for making a game that works on my laptop!

edit 2/Am I supposed to find CrasX? Sorry bud, I suppose you are still in WackyJackieLand if I was supposed to...

edit 3/ If CrasX is in the game, can you either make him look like Gandalf or a dwarf, or maybe make him look like a troll initially :)

Edited by Lookback

Is the Ice rink done?  I am having trouble getting past it - I guess I may have missed a certain something too, in your vast winter wonderland...

It's done. Wasn't aware you could get stuck though...

edit/ nope did not miss anything, just got caught in an endless loop that you can get into. Personally, I think Jackie intended this.

Didn't know you could get stuck...

Also, there is a hole in the wall of one of the higher (if up is high) lever rooms and I can walk into the darkness!

That's intentional. The first cave has one too.

edit 2/Am I supposed to find CrasX? Sorry bud, I suppose you are still in WackyJackieLand if I was supposed to...

edit 3/ If CrasX is in the game, can you either make him look like Gandalf or a dwarf, or maybe make him look like a troll initially :)

Crasx isn't in the game yet. He and San are only mentioned briefly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Update:

Slowly chugging away at this.  The last dungeon I've been making has more "maps" than the entire rest of the game.  It has puzzles and stuff in it too.

Nearing the final section of it and once I'm finished with it, I'll release another demo.

Crasx made his appearance.  San is going to eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting to around the... 85% mark on this dungeon here.

Since the demo, I've tweaked some stats around on enemies and whatnot to make it easier for people who (for some reason) choose Peanut to be their starting party member.  Again, Peanut is a magic user, so it's best if you let him use magic instead of...not using magic.

A few more GCers are mentioned in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Demo #2!

Some changes from the first one:

-Enemies are a bit easier

-Increased EXP from monsters

-Increased gold from monsters

-Peanut is a bit more useful...still, stick with him healing.  Demo #2 can be completed with Peanut.

-First cave boulder puzzle is shorter and Dixie-proof

-Ice cave has less rooms making it a little less maze-like

-You get a whistle before the ice-skating segment where if you get stuck, use the whistle to go back to the last part you completed

-Made the quiz rat that can be found earlier on in the game easier to find instead of impossible

I recommend you start a new game rather than load your old save.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77750/gcrpg/GCRPG.zip

Hope there are no bugs.  I didn't run into any when playing through it all.

Tip: During the Demo #2 dungeon, it's recommended you examine everything.

Forgot to mention: Hit F5 to make the window bigger.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys break my heart and self-esteem.  All I wanted was to make a game based on the GC community and have people possibly enjoy it, but apparently no one does.  I'm sorry I even tried to make something like this.

what the sandwich said, put it in you signature or something!

will try it next week when my eye gets better (catched some nasty thing)