Gamers Coalition RPG

JackieChan

Alright give me a bit to see whatchu got. Im making my own game as well, with the same creator, maybe I can grab some ideas from yours Jackie xD

Edit: One quick thing Ill say, nothing yet about the gameplay, but some of the stairs or exits may want to be turned to "player touch" instead? I didnt exactly think I had to press my action button to go up the stairs in the inn of hammerport, and I got stuck inside wandering around for a bit xD

I do like the Body Heat meter in the ice cave, annoying as it is, I like the "tension" it adds, also like that there is more than just 1 stage of it too.

Edited by MurderinClony

I do really hope you didnt make that whole ice cave man, I really hope that was a dungeon generator like the game stated.

Edit: I think I found a perpetual room. Trying not to spoil anything while I explain but its where there is a fireplace and your dude makes a "Board" joke. I went in, but I cannot get back out and I have searched the whole room, got the shotgun too, still says to keep searching when I go to leave.

Edited by MurderinClony

Hmm... Well, damn it.  Uploaded another fix.  Just redownload it again.  Sorry :bang:

About... 3/4ths of the way of making that dungeon I noticed you could do some things out of order so I had to change a couple items around which caused that to happen.  Hopefully that'll be the last one you run into because that should be one of the only places that happens in.  There are a lot of crude things I did with that dungeon because of limitations and whatnot.

And yeah, that whole ice dungeon, minus the skating rink puzzle, was made in the dungeon generator.

Heh, no problem man, thats the whole thing with playtesters xD At least we find them for you now, rather than later.

And good, Im glad you didn't take the time to actually make that whole intricate maze 

Edit: Oh i just noticed, you change effects based on the weapon you have... Very nice idea.

Edit2: When going out on the balcony, from one side it tints the screen to night, and the other entrance leaves it day.

Edit3: Jackie, your dungeon is the only dungeon that Ive actually had to make a physical map for, Im not done yet but when I get off work.... Ill finish your dungeon, one way or the other.

Edited by MurderinClony

Heh, the first floor was pretty close to being perfectly aligned, except for one room next to the shotgun, thats about it.

One thing you could have done was taken some graph paper and made a quick prototype to work with, 1 grid being something like a 2x2 square on the editor.

But like you said, and I know this well since I am becoming a programmer myself, it got too hard, but in reality, laziness took over. :3

Edited by MurderinClony

Not sure if you have it or not, but there is a save_pos script for rpgmaker.

For your boulder room, obviously it will reset if not completed correctly, but when completed correctly, the save_pos script will keep them in their spot even after leaving and re-entering the room.

This works for all events too, if you need to keep them where they are after moving, even if you change maps.

Nope, not yet, cant find the stinking staff key, then again Im still mapping the second floor, got the entire first floor done.

I have killed Crimson PT1 though.

Edit: Okay so I have the whole dungeon mapped up to the point of the boarded room and the two rooms with staff keys. But I still cannot find this stinking staff key.

Is there actually something to do with the piano?

Edit2: Its official, Im stuck.

Edit3: Nevermind, for some odd reason, no clue what event I hit but I found crasx now, maybe we can make some progress.

Edited by MurderinClony

Ah, oh well, at least I got the freaking staff key, hallelujah!

Edit: This is my last question for the night: When "looking in the certain order" do you have to leave the room to reset the puzzle if you look at them wrong?

If not, I think I tried every possible combination in one go, which probably leads me to believe I have to leave to reset it.

Edited by MurderinClony

Good grief man, those last bosses were quite hard. You stated taking Valen was the easy path? You lied, man near the end I barely had enough items to keep my guys alive during the last two boss fights. Both times one of the three always died. Had to just keep restarting and hoping RNG would be my friend with those first aid kits and critical hits.

So far, its a pretty good demo, I wouldn't say its the prettiest to look at although I did like the layouts of the mansion dungeon and its lower areas.

If you could actually make the mansion make sense too, spacial problems are quite noticeable but you already know that, I think it would make a nice addition. All the little things add up to be big ones in my opinion at least. There were a few bugs here and there, I didn't take note of them all, but I already listed some of the more noticeable ones above.

Overall, it took me most of 6 hours to complete, factoring in deaths at the end and wondering around in your mansion like a chicken without a head, and I ended up with everyone at level 8.

Edited by MurderinClony

• 2 weeks later...

im 3 hours in, i got the fake key from the second dog, what now? i've  wandered the whole mansion checking every door.

IIRC the note talking about it said someone would use it to acces... something in the backyard?

also some notes and thoughs i wrote down while playing:

...but none of the houses have a door
so thats how ddos atacks work?, "peanut was bred for magic" lel.
nice overworld music, cant pick up the pickaxe as a weapon, i want my money back.

the boulder puzle was ok, nice troll dance music, xkrieg rekt-ed me hard.

that bridge... weres architect when you need him.

the body heat mechanic is quite clever. F***ING ICE CAVE, this s**t is too hard! the ice cave is actualy pretty challenging and fun, almost went trough all my items on my search of the first torch. after that it became a bit more easy. the second section of the cave was just as brutal as the first. ice skating puzles are great, having monster bother you midaway is anoying as hell tho.

the switch to resident evil vibe is great.

the spikes hallway was buggy, i took the key from below and escaped the spikes but i still died.

although very spooky, the mansion has been way too easy so far. there shold be 2/3 zombies per fight (or they should be harder to beat), and at levels 9/9/8 the dog fights were too easy(that or i stayed too long in the ice cave), i havent even used any of the herbs yet.

-is the mansion section exact copy of RE?
-the succes music in the zombie fights is kinda mood breaking.
-body heat should fill a bit faster to save some time.