Let's talk dates!

MaRvIn

Dates  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't been to one since 2003, but the board gaming is tempting me.  Fish keeps telling me what you all have been playing.  If I did come I'd be willing to play a nice long game of Twilight Imperium 3.  I have it with both Expansions.

The LAN gaming I might get into, but I really have only been playing World Of Tanks for the last couple years.

I have been throwing around the idea in my head of FragFest Fort Wayne for years. Its Northeast Indiana and is a central location for persons from Chicago, Michigan, Ohio and not a horrible drive from Canada either. There is an international airport about two minutes from where I work for ease of access for those who travel great distances. There are plenty of locations where this could be held in the downtown area where there is also a newly built minor league baseball stadium and a ton of options for good food and nightlife fun.

I feel like the price may become an issue by having it in a city like this, but I have no idea how much it has been to rent the places this had been hosted previous to this year.

Thoughts?

I have been throwing around the idea in my head of FragFest Fort Wayne for years. Its Northeast Indiana and is a central location for persons from Chicago, Michigan, Ohio and not a horrible drive from Canada either. There is an international airport about two minutes from where I work for ease of access for those who travel great distances. There are plenty of locations where this could be held in the downtown area where there is also a newly built minor league baseball stadium and a ton of options for good food and nightlife fun.

I feel like the price may become an issue by having it in a city like this, but I have no idea how much it has been to rent the places this had been hosted previous to this year.

Thoughts?

Well it would be closer for me but I think it would be farther for the majority of current Fragfest attendees as many of them are from around the Ohio area.  In addition you would probably need to supply are the technical aspects of the event as I doubt they would want to drive all that equipment that far.  

Any update on if we are going to have a Fragfest 2015? 

Im down for any days!! along as there a heads up so i can take those days off lol.Hopefully ill have a car by then too.. I was dying to go to last years but had no ride up there.. Would be nice to see and meet the faces behind the members i play with day in day out lol.

If you don't get a car in time, hit the train to Waterloo and I will pick you up there :-)

• Like 1

Im down for any days!! along as there a heads up so i can take those days off lol.Hopefully ill have a car by then too.. I was dying to go to last years but had no ride up there.. Would be nice to see and meet the faces behind the members i play with day in day out lol.

If you don't get a car in time, hit the train to Waterloo and I will pick you up there :-)

i got a car but now the whole work thing might hold me back... just need to find out the dates and see if i can work something out lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all the work that gos into planning something like this, and I know its all being done on a volunteer basis, but as each week moves past, the number of available locations grows smaller. If we could get some location and date wrapped up sooner than later that would be great.

Shaftiel

Any dates are good for me, Just have to get a set date to be sure someone watches the little minions. I am deff. going, want to meet everyone baaaaaaaaaaaaaad (sheep voice) and I can actually drink some thing year (YAY!!)  :propeller:  :biglaugha:  :puppy_dog_eyes:  :lol2::stretch::spinface::rolly::freak3::bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :zombie::luxhello:

THESE EMOTES MAKE ME SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They know

• Like 1

Any dates are good for me, Just have to get a set date to be sure someone watches the little minions. I am deff. going, want to meet everyone baaaaaaaaaaaaaad (sheep voice) and I can actually drink some thing year (YAY!!) 

:lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2: Woot Woot!!!! We need to sit next to each other mwahahahah!!! Jack and I are coming Fri morning thru Sunday and getting a hotel this time. :biglaugha:  :biglaugha:  :biglaugha:

Lol, it wouldn't let me quote all your emoticons. Too many, lol.

Edited by Girlzilla

• 2 weeks later...

So. Like, when and where is it going to be? Time is moving on, its April, plans are being made and finalized for summer. Would be nice to be able to pencil in some info regarding Frag Fest. :)

Shaftiel

Yes, I know you guys are busy but any word would be nice! Need to book hotels/cars/flights etc :)

So what kind of an organizing issue do we have?

Need help? I can make some efforts towards getting the T's with GC logo on them, tell me the price we usually pay. Give a week for me to get an answer.

I bet GC core members will also help in gathering info and such, of cause aside from regular provisioning help from the old dudes Founders.  :P