Racism?

MaxRockatansky

Racism?
hey friends, today I found playing on servers (time without playing by the university) and during a game so good, to start a new map.
I have a friend who always plays here, equal speaks Spanish. and speak in our language very often in chat.
Well, the point is, before starting the game, a user (PUMP) told us not think of help. I asked, Why? 'Cause I'm Mexican?'
I told him to change his team is here teamwork and if you do not want our help either, but that does not give us aside.
Just read a couple of jokes in chat and I went out of the game.

It is not the first time the user makes me less, I will try to help once and asked me not to do it, did not understand why. And today just because another user and I talked in Spanish. It makes us less.

I know that my membership just can not do much, but just want to give my opinion. Do not pay to insult me for being Mexican.
I hope I can fix this, I do not want to reach a long day at home, come and you insult my nationality.
Thanks for space.

Annex some screenshots.

post-5892-0-56689200-1426743585_thumb.jpg

post-5892-0-30835700-1426743588_thumb.jpg

post-5892-0-62656000-1426743590_thumb.jpg

post-5892-0-68075600-1426743777_thumb.jpg

post-5892-0-61549400-1426743779_thumb.jpg

post-5892-0-50102400-1426743781_thumb.jpg

Everyone is welcome to play on our servers, regardless of the country they live in or the language they speak.  Speaking English is not a requirement.  Anyone mistreating someone based on where they live or the language they speak, will face the consequences.

After watching the demos, I am not sure what you are accusing Pump of.   He asked you not to pick him up.  I am not sure what that means, maybe because he was black and white?  We often ask not to be picked up while black and white because it is better to give the person points and let them do a full heal.  Pump never said anything about you being Mexican.  You are the one that said that.  Another player made a comment though I don't know that it was intended in a bad way.   I will look at this more tonight when I get home from work.

But if someone can explain if I am missing something here, please do.

No Racism there

nothing I watched  there was inappropriate.

People should be held accountable for their false accusations .

And no Peanut your not missing anything

Edited by Mercman

I think perhaps it was a misunderstanding.

We definitely don't allow racism on our servers.  There were two admins playing, and we would have permanently banned anyone for racism.  Could you please clarify exactly which comment you felt was offensive to you?

Edited by MeJohnny

The language barrier can make it tough.  It does look like a misunderstanding, I would want to know why someone said "don't pick me up".  Like Peanut said it could of been maybe he was b&w the prior round and you picked him up.

The comment JoeWow made might be another thing he is talking about with reference to the joke he felt was uncalled for.

ok, pero por que le pediste a pump que se cambiara de equipo???

y si estoy leyendo correctamente, pensaste que el comentario de pump fue racista, y el comentario de gijoe  te cemento esa idea?

yo pienso q solo fue un mal entendido causado por la barreara del lenguaje y un mal momento para bromear por parte de gijoe :V

i think it was just a misundertanding caused by language barrier and gijoe picking a bad time to joke. all honest mistakes.

Anzul. No es la primera vez que este usuario me dice esto. Yo ni siquiera había notado su parecencia y jugaba como si nada con el otro usuario.

Y de la nada llega y me dice eso. No se si le caigo mal, o de plano no quiere verme por aqui.

Le dije que se cambie de equipo, porque si no queria 'mi'  ayuda, era no mejor rozar en un mismo equipo. Y opte cambiarme de equipo, pero en fin, termine dejando la partida.

Yo ni siquiera pensaba en ayudar a Pump, como dije, yo solo me preocupe por mi amigo. El ni siqueira estaba invitado a mi platica con Hard.

Si, estoy de acuerdo que el no dijo nada, pero no se siente bien que alguien te haga menos por hablar español.

Edited by haraganjosse

Neglect the inconvenience.
Of course not, he never said anything out of place (at least offensive). But it is not the first time this user makes me indifferent in a game.
I had not noticed his prescence, he was not even contemplated in chat with Hard.
Not if you do not like to play around here, does not like me to speak in Spanish, or my sense of humor. I have no idea.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll avoid incomdar to other users.

por lo que tengo entendido el dijo que el te pidió que no lo levantaras porque se iba a levantar en blanco y negro y tu lo ayudaste de todos modos.

tu estas diciendo que tu nunca lo intentaste ayudar?

solo quiero estar seguro, no quiero terminar traduciendo cosas que tu no dijistes 

Edited by anzul

We certainly do not want you thinking that people are either making fun of you for speaking Spanish or ignoring you because of English not being your primary language.  Anzul, thanks for your help. 

Max, I am going to ask Gummy Bear to contact you.  He is an admin and speaks Spanish.  Maybe it will be easier for him to help translate any possible problems or miscommunications we are having.

• Like 1

I was told to step into this it is a stereotype and I also find this highly offensive but not racist. Its like saying all peole that have the name giovany are italian that is a stereotype and is highly offensive. 
He also says that this is not the first time but the second time. 

Amigo explicame que es lo que pase desde el principio. Como cuando fue la primera vez que te insulto? Y eran amigos en un punto de tiempo.

Here is one more thing this now that I think about it is racist. 

Edited by GummyBear

I just want to know which part we are talking about? As far as I can see, I don't see anything that Pump said concerning the language barrier or his ethnicity.  The only thing I see is JoeWOW saying "yes you are mexicano, cause you have hot tamales for sale".  

Can you just find out if this is the thing Max is referring to? or is there something else as well?

Assure him, no one should be making fun of anyone on our servers because of the language they speak, the inability to communicate well in English, the country they live in or their ethnic background.  If the JoeWOW comment is the only reason for this post, then I will point this out to JoeWOW and we will move on.  If there is more, I would like to know.

• Like 1

I think I might know what he's referring to. He might be referencing the time I told him not to pick me up multiple times over voice. Not sure if I typed it out which would have made it easier for him. This happened maybe two days ago and then I told Anzul to translate to him not pick anyone up who is requesting not to be picked up. I may be wrong on some level as I don't clearly remember the situation since refusal of being picked up is a common occurrence.

Never made a racist remark, never belittled him or his nationality, never made fun of his lack of English speaking, ever. There.

Edited by Pumpernickel

Let me clarify there was some miss communication.

1 Pumpernickel he says that you told him to go to the other team for what reason because they use team work.

second why did you slap his friend "Max Rockatansy"

Third joewow should of not commented that it deserves a ban it is racist.

fourth  "Max Rockatansy" on the second video provided by mejhonny he says to leave them behind.

5th. Haraganjoose said he did not care to help pump he only cared about his friend max rockatansy.

I feel that there is missing pieces there is no harm only they do not communicate because of the barrier.

If anyone is guilty is joewow for that comment I find it offensive.   

Oh one more thing Pump you did a good job you did nothing to offend him or anything keep the good admin work up. 

Edited by GummyBear

That's the only thing I've understood and agree with for most of the topic. JoeWow pointed out an ethnicity, then put a derogatory stereotype after it, then repeated why. 

And that is all it was JOEWOW knows better than to insult another player. Friend of mine or not. 

Haraganjosse Lo que paso fue que el administrador no te insulto el que te insulto fue el JOEWOW y con eso dicho el muchacho JOEWOW empeso todo esto el pump not te ofendio. 
Pero si te dio una chachetada porque no se dejame averiguar. 

Pump Question why did you slap him?

Edited by GummyBear

He told me to go to the other team because I didn't believe in teamwork. That's why I slapped him. It was a rude accusation to say to an admin. No idea where he even got that. That's 1 and 2. As for Joe's comment, I agree. I didn't think about racial discrimination at 3:30 in the morning, tbh. It's no justifiable excuse but I slipped up in the punishment department. I admit that. I'll ban him after this. And also rereading my comment, the way I phrased my sentence could have been taken the wrong way and I understand where Max could have came to his conclusion. Dunno about points 4 and 5. Like you said, the language barrier made things much worse than they were.

Thanks, Gummy.

Edit. Test Character, plz. This is serious business.

Edited by Pumpernickel

por lo que tengo entendido el dijo que el te pidió que no lo levantaras porque se iba a levantar en blanco y negro y tu lo ayudaste de todos modos.

tu estas diciendo que tu nunca lo intentaste ayudar?

solo quiero estar seguro, no quiero terminar traduciendo cosas que tu no dijistes 

La verdad no tengo idea. Estebamos empezando una partida (la partida era totalmente nueva). Desconozco si el estaba en mi equipo o no en la ronda anterior.

I was told to step into this it is a stereotype and I also find this highly offensive but not racist. Its like saying all peole that have the name giovany are italian that is a stereotype and is highly offensive. 

He also says that this is not the first time but the second time. 

Amigo explicame que es lo que pase desde el principio. Como cuando fue la primera vez que te insulto? Y eran amigos en un punto de tiempo.

Here is one more thing this now that I think about it is racist. 

Gummy..

ACLARO, en ni un momento me insulto, pero por los comentarios de anoche si me pareció una burla hacia mi nacionalidad.

Desde hace un mes que soy irregular en los servidores, problemas con la escuela y trabajo y solo puedo entrar un par de horas en las noches o los fines de semana.

Semanas atrás, el usuario PUMP, me pidió que yo no lo 'recogiera' en una partida, le dije, no hay problema, no te ayudo. Termino la partida.

Amigo, la verdad desconozco sus motivos, y si alguien no quiere mi ayuda está bien, no pasa nada.

I think I might know what he's referring to. He might be referencing the time I told him not to pick me up multiple times over voice. Not sure if I typed it out which would have made it easier for him. This happened maybe two days ago and then I told Anzul to translate to him not pick anyone up who is requesting not to be picked up. I may be wrong on some level as I don't clearly remember the situation since refusal of being picked up is a common occurrence.

Never made a racist remark, never belittled him or his nationality, never made fun of his lack of English speaking, ever. There.

Fellow, I understand if you do not need my help, to first get it.

I am intermediate in English, and I can hardly hear, if we are aware, we are talking in a game shots, sounds of tank and many things, I do not listen.. If you think that game inept way, excuse me.

i can read .. i can't hear

Let me clarify there was some miss communication.

1 Pumpernickel he says that you told him to go to the other team for what reason because they use team work.

second why did you slap his friend "Max Rockatansy"

Third joewow should of not commented that it deserves a ban it is racist.

fourth  "Max Rockatansy" on the second video provided by mejhonny he says to leave them behind.

5th. Haraganjoose said he did not care to help pump he only cared about his friend max rockatansy.

I feel that there is missing pieces there is no harm only they do not communicate because of the barrier.

Oh one more thing Pump you did a good job you did nothing to offend him or anything keep the good admin work up. 

1 - I said (i am MaxR) to leave to another team, I like to play as a team, and if someone tells me I do not need my help, this may not work.

4 - If I said that, I have good communication with my friend (HARD) and if PUM not want my help, anyway, did not help.

5 - I am max.

And that is all it was JOEWOW knows better than to insult another player. Friend of mine or not. 

Haraganjosse Lo que paso fue que el administrador no te insulto el que te insulto fue el JOEWOW y con eso dicho el muchacho JOEWOW empeso todo esto el pump not te ofendio. 

Pero si te dio una chachetada porque no se dejame averiguar. 

Pump Question why did you slap him?

Pero crees que sea adecuado seguirle el chiste? Siendo un administrador?

//

But you think it is appropriate to follow the joke? Being an administrator?

He told me to go to the other team because I didn't believe in teamwork. That's why I slapped him. It was a rude accusation to say to an admin. No idea where he even got that. That's 1 and 2. As for Joe's comment, I agree. I didn't think about racial discrimination at 3:30 in the morning, tbh. It's no justifiable excuse but I slipped up in the punishment department. I admit that. I'll ban him after this. And also rereading my comment, the way I phrased my sentence could have been taken the wrong way and I understand where Max could have came to his conclusion. Dunno about points 4 and 5. Like you said, the language barrier made things much worse than they were.

Thanks, Gummy.

Edit. Test Character, plz. This is serious business.

3:30 am.. In Mexico 11:00 pm

I had no idea that you are an administrator. Do not put the example that you should give.

If the problem is me, I stop playing in your schedule.

Max I think pump was saying he didn't realize that what Joe said was offensive to you Bc it was 3 am and we get tired and a little out of it. Even during the day we miss things. I don't think (no I know) if Pump knew that what Joe said offended you he wouldn't have said "I like tamales m8". If he had realized that it offended you then he would of warned or banned Joe right then and there.

I also see what you mean when you said team work. It can be frustrating for anyone to be picked up b&w and say please don't and the person continues. Pump maybe could of worded it differently when he said "don't pick me up", but again I don't think he meant to upset or offend you.

• Like 1

Lla vi lo que pasa aqui. les voy a explicar. pero el administrador no te insulto solo dijo que son buenos. 

He also said that But you think it is appropriate to follow the joke? Being an administrator?

He says that even when joe wow started saying these thing why did pump come and say "tamales are great m8"

Edited by GummyBear

@Pump - If you're too tired to have good judgment, it's time to call it a night. Gamerscoalition admins need to lead by example. 

@haraganjosse - Please do not insult our admins by saying things like Pump doesn't believe in teamwork. Admins have a difficult job already.

Everyone else - I'd like to leave this open for GummyBear to translate the above, then close this. Please refrain from any further posting. 

• Like 1