Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Curiosity

Client Timed Out Disconnected

11 posts / 10679 viewsLast Reply

So I just reinstalled my OS, Steam and L4D2.  I was playing for about 5 minutes when I get kicked with the message:  Client Timed Out Disconnected.  No matter which server I connect to, it keeps giving me the same error.  I tried restarting the game, closed steam, and restarted...  nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

I am doing the verify integrity now.  If that doesn't do it, then I guess uninstall and reinstall.

I hope it has nothing to do with the SSD I just installed.

it's a router problem = turn off router for a minute, turn it back on, wait for another minute before restarting steam etc

it was odd, I threw on Wireshark to see who was killing my connection, and I played without issue.  If I have the problem again tomorrow, I will do that Maestro, thanks!

Sorry for bumping old thread

Dang it this is now happening to me. I can play for a few minutes but then I get timed out.. I just built my new rig so everything is new and updated. Router is new as well and it's not giving me any issue on any other game. I have verified the integrity of game cache and reinstalled both the game and stream but the problem persists. 

I've had this issue in the past, usually after installing a new hard drive or building a new machine. Eventually it ends up fixing itself. I am sorry I cannot offer any other solution, but every time I've had it, it has just mysteriously stopped having the issue. 

Hi Dadoo - this is what I do to fix it - follow steps in this order

1   close all steam and games

2   turn off router

3   clear all history and cache

4   restart computer and wait for re-boot - let it load then turn on router

5  wait a few mins before you start steam

Let us know how you get on