infected health kits

Mercman

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I think it should be changed to 'Infect boomer: The next time a player with over 75% health is boomed they get infected'

and remove the random 1% chance to get infected that boomers currently have (because getting boomerinfected when you have 1hp left is pretty harsh)

Edited by ctrlfrk

GC Server Admin

Did you post this because of that time I infected 5 kits in a row and you kept getting infected?

You should be glad I spent 75 points on infecting kits instead of a tank and then some :)

Well no but that was fun

cost you 15 to infect  8 to heal  we got a good deal

I think it should be changed to 'Infect boomer: The next time a player with over 75% health is boomed they get infected'

and remove the random 1% chance to get infected that boomers currently have (because getting boomerinfected when you have 1hp left is pretty harsh)

Again, 1%. Small number. You may get one a map.

• 4 weeks later...

Survivors should be able to buy a vaccine to protect them from being infected ???

I don't think a lot of people would buy that unless the infection % went up because how it is I only get infected about once every 20 or so games.

Maybe the 20 points could be used to buff Jockey somehow? I feel like there's not enough jockey love on the server. I think it'd be sweet if Jockey could have a chance of infecting. I'd use them more!

I've been playing here for close to 3 years and jockeys have never been more popular. Went from 1, to 2, to now like 5. I can name you all>_> Charon, Lord, DERPZ,Red Devil, and now ghostbomb.

Honestly, I wish we could buy an upgrade to increase the likelihood of a boomer infection.  That would be a good use of 20 points.

Only 20 points? Can you imagine during huge tank battles? If you get infected the tank will only go after you and there's no way to heal while you're getting smacked around. If something like this gets implemented it should be well thought out. 

• Like 1

IF it were to be adjusted, I'm sure Jackie would make it so that it was a relatively small increase of the chance of a boomer infection; similar to the percentage of a survivor ending up with an infected health kit (which is 15 pts).

And during tank battles, there's all sorts of mollies and fireworks killing commons and doing damage to the tank. :)

Honestly, I wish we could buy an upgrade to increase the likelihood of a boomer infection. That would be a good use of 20 points.

Only 20 points? Can you imagine during huge tank battles? If you get infected the tank will only go after you and there's no way to heal while you're getting smacked around. If something like this gets implemented it should be well thought out.

It's only, what, .01% or is it 1% chance? What's wrong with bumping it up to say 5%chance?

Honestly, I wish we could buy an upgrade to increase the likelihood of a boomer infection.  That would be a good use of 20 points.

assuming people boom for you when you're tank...

• Like 1

The thing is that multiple boomers really aren't terribly efficient.  Two during a tank fight might be helpful, but the rest of the time they'll simply steal points from one another, making it less likely for either to buy a tank, so the worst-case scenario of constant infections during one of those battles would probably be very, very rare. 

The probability of an infection is 1% right now, if I'm not mistaken.  Consider that it takes 23 boomed survivors to get to 50+ points (relying on the Stomach Acid achievement for +5 and ignoring assistance points) and buy a tank.  You're looking at less than a one in four chance of there even being an infection before the first purchased tank.  Even if someone were to boom fifty targets, which is damn near impossible unless the other team is doomed anyway, you're looking at pretty paltry numbers for infections.  I'm thinking something around 2.5% to 3% might be the sweet spot for an purchasable upgrade.  Enough to be a nuisance, but not so much that it cripples the other team. 

In a perfect world, we'd have some sort of upgrade where the time survivors spend blinded would be drastically reduced, but the infection rate would shoot up.

Edited by VladPiranha

I'd rather infected health kits get reduced to 10 because I dont even remember last time i saw someone die because they got infected from a health kit since they still have 80 hp when they do.  Also, had one game recently where one team had like 5 infection in a row and other team had maybe one whole round which was pretty funny, so I don't know if people will like the random element to it since it could benefit one team more than the other.

Out of curiosity, what about making the health you get after being infected with a med kit reduced to 40/45? You're still at top running speed, you can buff up with pills if you want, and you've still got a good chance of survival

That leaves the infected more chance to kill you though, as a tank can 2 hit you with normal shots, and a charger/spitter combo would work wonders

• Like 2