About the new additions

JackieChan

Please read the poll options carefully  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way the spawn timer works is that it operates on a minimum/maximum time and the amount of human players occupy the infected team.  For the sake of things, let's say that we're talking about a full server in this situation.  In this case, the spawn timer for an infected player who died would be anywhere between 15 to 20 seconds in length (default settings on the server).  I believe the time the game gives you to spawn in depends on how long the infected player has been alive for and how frequently they have died.  If a player dies fast each time they spawn in, their timer will be closer to the maximum spawn time (20 seconds) as opposed to the minimum spawn time (15 seconds).

Anyway, the minimum time you see when you're able to fly around waiting to respawn in is going to be "14" seconds or a "for real" time of 15 seconds because the words "Entering Spawn Mode..." counts as 1 second.  With the upgrade purchased, you'll get a "for real" spawn time of 13 to 18 seconds (12 to 17 seconds by what he game tells you).  Yes shorter, but in most cases, not noticeable because the "in between" time falls in the same area as the default settings.

...Hope that made sense.

Also, the multikill stuff is outlined in the buy plugin/server update notes thread.

Where is the Option to not have this?  (abstained)

Playing on a full server yesterday, infected were spawning in within 5 or 6 secs.

We should really scrap this 'timer' one altogether - it's just going to mean that survivors will die faster and more tanks within a quicker time frame.

Edited by MPG1770
  • Like 1

30 points for 2 seconds less sounds goof to me.

havent cheked out that one yet, maestro might be onto something there.

and multikill should be 0.75 points whithing 2 seconds.

botlenecks are now farming spots for survivors lol

I'm fairly happy with the multikill as it is, I haven't had the chance to get a triple kill yet, so it's just 1 extra point every once in a while, not such a noticeable difference that I think it needs changing, but a nice addition anyway

In terms of the spawn timer, I think I'd like it more at about 25 points rather than 30, people seem to buy witches and other such upgrades first rather than this, and it'd make it that bit more appealing to buy, but I can understand if it's left as it is because I haven't seen the full use of it yet in a full game

It doesn't have anything to do with the reduce timer that the infected team get to spawn "fast" Maestro. What happen most of the time is that the infected team has a good rotation respawn timer, so it seems endless when they attack relentlessly with spitters since that's the best class to buy time with. That's why the multi-kill implementation is a good idea to offset this buff for the infected, a faster respawn timer means better chances of multi-kills for the survivor.

Although I opt for lower points on multi-kill and I don't like saying this but the good players will benefit mainly from this. If you know you're a average SI kill player, your chances of multi-kill vary around 2-4 times in a map? This is the issue with survivors that I find to be a main problem, where the new perks are beneficial to a few selected players compare to the perk that infected got which benefits everyone. Not trying to water down the idea of Multi-kill, I find it to be a great implementation. Just perhaps something that promotes more teamwork than Glory Hog our server are slowly trending to.

• Like 1

At times, I prefer adding a couple minor things and then gauging people's opinions on them and going from there.

Also, the only time you'll ever see SI spawn within 5-6 seconds is if there aren't a lot of human SI players.  My earlier post already explains this.  When testing stuff out on our Test Server, I get a 2 second spawn timer.  If an admin is ever in spec and opens the !spechud, they'll see what each player's "real" spawn time is.

Although I opt for lower points on multi-kill and I don't like saying this but the good players will benefit mainly from this. If you know you're a average SI kill player, your chances of multi-kill vary around 2-4 times in a map? This is the issue with survivors that I find to be a main problem, where the new perks are beneficial to a few selected players compare to the perk that infected got which benefits everyone. Not trying to water down the idea of Multi-kill, I find it to be a great implementation. Just perhaps something that promotes more teamwork than Glory Hog our server are slowly trending to.

I'm up for lowering the multi-kill award.  I just made it what it was at the time of coding it because it was just easier.  What would you recommend as an addition that would promote more teamwork?  There is only so much one could suggest before we get into "ridiculous" territory like those other 10v10 servers you see out there.

Where is the Option to not have this?  (abstained)

Playing on a full server yesterday, infected were spawning in within 5 or 6 secs.

We should really scrap this 'timer' one altogether - it's just going to mean that survivors will die faster and more tanks within a quicker time frame.

With Maestro on this one.

Not possible as explained by Jackie. To get that low respawn timer, you would have to be playing in a server of less than 8 survivors? Like I mention before, it's most likely the infected is on a good rotation respawn timer.

Infected 1: 15 second to respawn

Infected 2: 7 second to respawn

Infected 3: 3 second to respawn

Now that's a good rotation of infected respawn timer, each one of them spitting and delaying the advance/incapped another 5 seconds. Once infected player dies, the next infected player spawns and goes in and repeats. Typically we see the infected doesn't work together and they all die around the same time, thus their respawn timer is very close to each other. Most noticeably during the beginning of the saferoom exit.

Currently emtpy on ideas right now...we should just roll along with what we have so far.

------------------>moving smokers<-------------------------

The infected timer,  what about a 1 % decrease for every 10 points up to 5%????

Edited by Mercman
  • Like 1

I like the idea of a percentage decrease for the spawn timer just maybe have it cost a bit more and have it move to a max of 10%. The multikill seems perfectly fine to me I have yet to see anyone go crazy with it. I personally get about 2-5 points a round for it  so it's not incredibly over powered.

If this happens I might quit gc. Moving smokers are wwayyyyyyy too op and an incredible pain to kill.

Edited by Ignis

The infected timer,  what about a 1 % decrease for every 10 points up to 5%????

Problem with that is 1% of 100 seconds is 1 second. The change would not registr took at least 4-5%.

I like the idea of a percentage decrease for the spawn timer just maybe have it cost a bit more and have it move to a max of 10%. The multikill seems perfectly fine to me I have yet to see anyone go crazy with it. I personally get about 2-5 points a round for it  so it's not incredibly over powered.

If this happens I might quit gc. Moving smokers are wwayyyyyyy to op and an incredible pain to kill.

Agreed. I played on servers with moving smokers and jumping jockeys. Very bad idea. Throws the whole game off. Way to over powered.

If this happens I might quit gc. Moving smokers are wwayyyyyyy to op and an incredible pain to kill.

Agreed. I played on servers with moving smokers and jumping jockeys. Very bad idea. Throws the whole game off. Way to over powered.

a3f09247b3.png

No moving smokers, no jumping jockeys. That's like when chargers can move and change directions while charging, it's game-breaking

Edited by tainted92
  • Like 1

^

You are missing something.

Boomer explode damage.

Or alternatively I have seen exploding boomers extinguish tanks that are on fire.

That actually makes sense. What about decreased stun time for smokers so they're not just gawking at you awkwardly after getting their tongue cut?

• Like 1