Jumping jockey upgrade?

whitegreyhat

I want it.

The answer was supposed to be no, silly :)

Asked before and rejected before.

Yep, it's for the best anyways. I'm pretty sure you'll just jockey me to death like you did last time at Dead Air. Except this time, it would be worse with the jumping jockey upgrade!

Sure, some people want it. Sure, it is possible. However, due to the game breaking properties associated with giving jockeys "ups" to that measure, the chances of it being implemented is minimal. I remember playing on a server that had that and jockeys were spammed left and right. They were now as good as a charger or tank due to quick kills on a map like No Mercy. Good times.

I remember this subject being brought up a while ago...like years ago.  I think someone wanted to have some abilities added to the SI to make them more usable...but for a cost in points.  They wanted all similar features that another server had called Zombie Islands, which was a rival of this server at the time. 

Anyways, Jackie interjected and stated that they did not want to change the abilities of survivors or infected and that everything was to stay as vanilla as possible.  So I'm pretty sure the same deal stands.

I don´t want jumping jockeys. have tried it on some other severs, did´n like it. same goes for turning chargers, chargers moving cars and other "tank hit´ables", moving smokers and boomers putting out lit tanks, they are just to powerful.

Wasn't this topic brought up like 2 weeks ago in the server plugin thread?

All of this would be too op for the server and I personally like it the way it is. If you want to join a troll server with op SI and guns join another server. I know I do it every once and a while when I get bored.

GC Server Admin
(edited)

It's been pretty well establish that this server was going to remain "vanilla" without all those infected perks. Why are people asking for it again?

Because some of us  like chocolate

Edited by Mercman
  • Like 1

The reason I don't want these new fancy updates is because I love the server as it is

When I first joined the server, it was insane. 400+ hours of normal and friends only versus could not prepare me for a 10 vs 10 !buy server. Honestly, I thought it was stupid as hell first, but I kept playing out of curiosity, and I got hooked.

What really got me hooked, as well as the active and (mostly) friendly community was the fact that even though it's 10 vs 10, and you could !buy from a SMG to a tank, was the pure and simple point of the server being as vanilla as possible. No moving smokers, no jumping jockeys, none of the stuff I'd seen from some servers. These things are game-breaking when it comes to balance, and gives the Infected a big boost in their ability to kill Survivors.

I like how the game is currently because if teams aren't completely stacked, then they're fairly close games. 4/5 games that I played last night were such close games, and I was having a ton of fun. Those are the kinds of games that I enjoy best, where we snatch victory away from the enemy team by 14 points with some beautiful tank work by Chick, where we fall in the elevator long before we can even get cans because Mercman didn't join us before it was spit-infested.

Those kind of games are why I play, and I don't think those kind of games would happen if we got OP stuff added for the Infected

• Like 1