Server Popularity

EliteGandalf

I play a lot.. Maestro and Merc are probably the only people that play more than me. So I've noticed that people are not playing as much as they have been in the past months, and the servers have dropped in rank. Could it be that people are finally getting burnt out of playing without addons? I know i am -.-

As far as the regulars, I have noticed some are note on as much.  This could be for numerous reasons.  Server 1 is still pretty much same rank  (~#13) as always.  Server 2 however, has dropped from between #10-20 to #30 in exactly the past month.  I suspect finals and games like GTA 5 released in April probably contributed significantly.  But summer break is coming, and steam sales.  Don't worry Mr. Gandalf, it will be back to carrying newbies for you quite soon enough.  Enjoy the break while you can.

Currently I'm working on getting my new computer up and running (already half of the parts have shipped :D). But after nearly 500 hours of l4d2 on a mac laptop and lots of other games my laptop is kinda breaking and heats up randomly so I haven't been playing nearly as much. I still need this laptop for academics :P.

• Like 1

Oh the excuses Johnny... I move to start a petition to enable addons on server #2 for one month's time. See if it's played more. And Ignis you have been missed, but not the excessive chatter -.- I hope you're building you pc yourself it really isn't that hard.

• Like 1

Finals, eh? I have noticed a lot of people mentioning that fact on various sites I visit. As for summer, it's going to get bad, really bad. As bad as last year? I certainly hope not. Talk about newb central.

Last year? It was THAT bad? Wow :o

At least the backs of those that were carrying them then are healed by now :)

Currently I'm working on getting my new computer up and running (already half of the parts have shipped :D). But after nearly 500 hours of l4d2 on a mac laptop and lots of other games my laptop is kinda breaking and heats up randomly so I haven't been playing nearly as much. I still need this laptop for academics :P.

the mac will heat up randomly, seriously ?  

Oh the excuses Johnny... I move to start a petition to enable addons on server #2 for one month's time. See if it's played more. And Ignis you have been missed, but not the excessive chatter -.- I hope you're building you pc yourself it really isn't that hard.

Do you really want to play with potential cheaters again?

• Like 2

Do you really want to play with potential cheaters again?

even though i just use meele re-skins and infected vision recolor fix i would risk it.

getting to see the maps whithout the orange/blue vision realy adds a lot of fun for me.

i can only imagine that those that use skins for every litle thing miss them even more.

As for summer, it's going to get bad, really bad. As bad as last year? I certainly hope not. Talk about newb central.

I first joined the server last summer :D Glad I could be a part of the madness. 

• Like 1

As for summer, it's going to get bad, really bad. As bad as last year? I certainly hope not. Talk about newb central.

I first joined the server last summer :D Glad I could be a part of the madness.

Madness. That summed it up perfectly. Try being admin during those few months. Omgggg

In response to Jackie... I can deal with anything under the sun so long as it isn't aimbots, esp, etc. If people use the addons that give them smaller advantages which I will not mention... I can personally deal with, but that's just me. That's why i said petition. To hear the community voice. I dare not speak for everyone.

Pump how dare you... I'd like to think I made a name for myself last summer amongst the madness. You should recall my first ban -.- or do i need to remind you?

Our servers are welcome to all new players.  As a member of GC, but especially as an admin, you are the ones that should do the welcoming.  We should teach new people the buy system, teach them the strategies we have mutually developed and we should have patience with them.  This is what we are about.  Also, players will eventually stop playing, that is inevitable.  New people eventually become the replacements for the ones that stop playing.  It is silly to chase them away.

I do not appreciate hearing negative comments in the servers or in forums about new players.   I was just in the server and didn't like the comments from the members and admins, about the new players in there.  This is a reminder and a warning about that.

• Like 4

In response to Jackie... I can deal with anything under the sun so long as it isn't aimbots, esp, etc. If people use the addons that give them smaller advantages which I will not mention... I can personally deal with, but that's just me. That's why i said petition. To hear the community voice. I dare not speak for everyone.

Pump how dare you... I'd like to think I made a name for myself last summer amongst the madness. You should recall my first ban -.- or do i need to remind you?

I never would have noticed people "cheating" if there wasn't demo of it. I just enjoyed playing with all my custom music and weapon skins. I don't think there are out right cheats on the marketplace. Just reskins of infected with silly effects.

Other than your ban, I don't reneged l recall anything memorable from you. So much banning happened, I don't remember much else. Ask another admin.

(edited)

Our servers are welcome to all new players.  As a member of GC, but especially as an admin, you are the ones that should do the welcoming.  We should teach new people the buy system, teach them the strategies we have mutually developed and we should have patience with them.  This is what we are about.  Also, players will eventually stop playing, that is inevitable.  New people eventually become the replacements for the ones that stop playing.  It is silly to chase them away.

I do not appreciate hearing negative comments in the servers or in forums about new players.   I was just in the server and didn't like the comments from the members and admins, about the new players in there.  This is a reminder and a warning about that.

crap, that was me a few hours ago.

i keept raging on this 3xit guy for opening tank door on passing early and skiping it. and also erlier on dead air.

which reminds me...

QUW5dHh.jpg

went the whole match whithout taking damage, it was stacked as hell, but still.

i laughed like a maniac and lost my breath. it's been a good day.

Edited by anzul

Ok all macs, hiding behind teammates for achievements, insults, and madness aside... Is the idea of at least bringing back addons temporarily even debatable?

I miss my orc tanks, orc common, custom weapons... I mean i even had the mode that dressed my survivors in military skins. Personally i don't think i've ever used anything out of bounds I have to much pride to be cheater. I really miss my mw2 deagle -.-

• Like 1

Finals, eh? I have noticed a lot of people mentioning that fact on various sites I visit. As for summer, it's going to get bad, really bad. As bad as last year? I certainly hope not. Talk about newb central.

Oh god, I'm gonna be left for dead to smokers more often now.

Hopefully more people join, I actually like playing with the ones that have joined so far since they learn how to use points quickly and most try to move fast and not linger around.  But I have noticed a massive increase in the whining from certain members.  Just had a game where one member joined and whined none stop for two rounds, so obviously I left.  Seriously its a 10 v 10 server stop taking it so seriously lol, its not like you lose ranks or anything cause you lost.  If your gonna try to tell someone what to do, actually say something constructive, not just bad or noob tank.

Edited by VivaLaBrandon