rainydays

ASK FOR POINTS EFFICIENTLY

The problem: 1.) Asking for points in mic instead of typing it out. 2.) Not asking for points at all while incapped. 

If you are incapped, asking on the mic "I need x points" is detrimental to your team. The reason for this is because your team is trying to ward off special infected. So for them to find out who needed points and type it out manually is going to hurt the whole team. While they are doing that, they can get high pounced or get themselves incapped. 

The solution: Ask for points by typing it out (and mic if possible). A lot of people have their !sp binded, so all they have to do is click the bind for you to get points. (binds)

P.S. Small rant: If you have a substantial amount of hours (10,000+) played on this server, and still ask for points on mic instead of chat or not at all, you need to really implement the solution to this problem.

---

DO NOT RESPAWN/DEFIB WHEN TANK PRESENT

The problem: Defibbing someone or respawning while tank are present.

This problem can lead to the whole team losing. Tanks can conveniently kill the newly respawned unit, giving the tank a boost to his or her heal, thus prolonging its duration alive.

The solution:  Don't respawn/defib when tank is present. Wait till after the tank dies, and if the tank doesn't die: cut your losses or look at the points below:

You can defib/respawn to make a run for if you meet these requirements:
  • You aren't close the tank.
  • Almost all your team is incapped/dead.
  • You are the farthest forward that died.
  • You are a main.

---

HELP YOUR BEST PLAYERS

The problem: Buying smoker limit when tank unannounce is vital. 

If you have a player in your team that's very experienced and has 40+ points, they will likely ask for unannounce. Be that team player and buy unannounce, especially if you have below 20 points. If they don't ask for unannounce, buy it anyways. Tank unannounce is extremely helpful such that the other team has no idea about the arrival of a tank. It will take them longer for them to take cover, making them susceptible to hittables. 

The solution: Buy unannounce. And just try your best to be a good team mate by helping out experienced players.

---

SCRAMBLING

The problem:  Asking for scramble unreasonably.

Look. Sometimes you and I are going to lose and take a beating. Nothing you can do about that. If it's 10 vs 10 and the scores aren't noticably bad, then don't ask for scramble. Work with your team to strategize charges + spits, tank unannounce, etc.  There is a chance that the scramble can make things worse; ppm doesn't neccasarily equate to skills.  

The solution: Tough love. Don't be perfectionists that have to win every game.

---

USE SOUND TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

The problem: Someone's being hunted behind you. You're oblivious.

The top tier players of this server utilize one thing: audio. In my opinion, in-game audio is more powerful than sight. You can literally hear a smoker spawn next to you, or a hunter about to pounce you. I remember when I was new, I used to accuse people of hacking or aimbotting. When in reality, they just used their audio in a decent manner. Using only sight is very limited. Computer speakers are not useful either. Buy headphones. I guarantee if you take care of this problem, your gameplay will be better by a tenfold. 

The solution: Play with headphones so you can anticipate special infected. Games like Left 4 Dead 2 and CS:GO are reliant on sound. Your best bet is to get used to it.

---

DON'T TAKE OTHERS' FIREWORKS

The problem: You're stealing someones hard earned points. 

If it is an accident, do your bid: say sorry and give that players points (4) back if you know who it is.  Even though you may find it trivial, "oh its just fireworks", but some people care about their gameplay performance. Especially now that fireworks has limits.

The solution: Don't take others' fireworks. It's not yours. If it was an accident, say you're sorry and give points back if possible.

---

DON'T HEAL IN THE OPEN

The problem: Healing in the open; prone to hunter pounces.

The solution: Don't.

---

You are free to not practice any tips I aforementioned. These are just some tips I play by, and it is by no means an exhaustive list. So please feel free to add onto this list of tips if you think something may be helpful. 

thanks

• Like 8

I like all of this except the don't take someone else's fireworks.  If there is a tank and you have a short window to light it, better to make sure it gets lit.  I think the better statement here is don't take someone else's fireworks unnecessarily, I can't count the number of times I have hidden a fireworks crate creatively, so the tank can't see it and someone will come along and light it just because it is there and while the tank is still a long way away...

• Like 2

(edited)
Asking for points in mic instead of typing it out

i cry everytime someone does that.

The problem: Buying smoker limit when tank unannounce is vital.

...buying smoker limit?

Asking for scramble unreasonably.

i only sugest scramble when either team takes a beating of 500 or more points (safe room bonus not counting)

a couple of tips, hug the walls near death charge spots (be mindfull of railings tho...) and walk on props like cars and furniture.

Edited by anzul

Asking for points in mic instead of typing it out

i cry everytime someone does that.

people do that because they know whos talking. theres some very distinct voices out there and when i use my mic ill say my name along with how many points and typing it out

people do that because they know whos talking

aside from johny and maybe dixie, i cant diferentiate voices, it may be because im not a native english speaker :/

also, hitting !sp-bind, 1 and then 2, is still way faster than typing it out.

I recognize who's talking almost every time but it still helps when people type it out so I can just press my bind and it sends points for me. Obviously pressing 1 key to send points is a lot easier than typing !sp player 15, especially when I'm trying to run from a tank or shoot. 

P.S. Small rant: If you have a substantial amount of hours (10,000+) played on this server, and still ask for points on mic instead of chat or not at all, you need to really implement the solution to this problem.

No one played (10,000+) hours on this server, so everyone can still ask for points on mic.  

oops, maybe... there's 1-2 ? I'm not sure.  lol 

whats sad is no one will send points even if you type it out, or theyll be biased and send to only their favorite person leaving others to die

I will always send points to incapped players if they type it and I have enough. Even if I don't have enough I will usually send them all I have. 

(edited)

whats sad is no one will send points even if you type it out, or theyll be biased and send to only their favorite person leaving others to die

a person,who only needs 1 point; the second one, who needs 15.

which one will you choose ?

The only thing that you can do is trying to be friend with them/ be good at the game

I will always send points to incapped players if they type it and I have enough. Even if I don't have enough I will usually send them all I have. 

such a liar, pffft.  lol 

Edited by SchuLtes

Very useful..but depends how many ppl actually learn or do it ... cuz some ppl just dont learn .... 

like someone got pounce while he is healing in the open .... and he still stand in the same area keep healing himself and got other 3 pounces .... >___>

how can you expect they learn  ... cuz those ppl just wanna "HAVE FUN"...

Very useful..but depends how many ppl actually learn or do it ... cuz some ppl just dont learn .... 

like someone got pounce while he is healing in the open .... and he still stand in the same area keep healing himself and got other 3 pounces .... >___>

how can you expect they learn  ... cuz those ppl just wanna "HAVE FUN"...

It's a win-win situation.

It's fun for the player that is getting those high pounces as hunter on that same survivor that keeps healing in the open.

It's also probably fun for that survivor that has that weird obsession of healing in the open. Maybe that player likes getting high pounced by us hunters :)

I wish there was someone way to check how many points you earn/  send/ use for yourself in a round. I send way more points than i use. I have to beg people to ask for points, and some/ most of the time they still won't ask. I'm talking about members or people who have played on the server and know the routine. They lay there and die while infected farms the team trying to pick them up. I wish there was a way to buy up incaps for "x" amount of points. Problem solved about asking for points in my opinion..

Shepard gets incap'd. We can't save her because she's too much of a noob to use points.

!votekill Shepard

90% of the team voted to kill Shepard (10 votes). Shepard was slain.

NO EASY POINTS FOR THE INFECTED!!!

• Like 1