Laughable Ban

MattKemp

Hey, so I was playing back in the server, after a long time off, I can't remember why (although probably something stupid like this), under my newish name, Howland Reed.

Level 3 of Dark Carnival, me and another guy were pushing forward to block spawns, stopping any infected from spawning anywhere in the tunnels(after the drop). Our team was doing, in my opinion, a great job of blocking them, and in the front there was two of us, you know, to stop one of us from being picked off, when merc starts yelling at us to stop rushing. I tried to tell him we weren't, and he yelled again - me, not wanting to give up our great position stayed, but the guy with me bailed and went back to the team, and -shocker- a jockey grabbed me and took me forward. Again, while being jockeyed, Merc started yelling to stop rushing (like I could help it at this point) and i told him I was blocking spawns, i was in the big room right next to outside, still being jockeyed, and our entire team was right outside at this point, and BAM. Banned. Really ridiculous and unnecessary, I have no idea why I was banned, blocking spawns isn't bannable, not in any way, shape, or form. At least hear the person out, sheesh. In my opinion it was a good play, until Merc freaked out and all my teammates got scared and ran back, putting us in a bad position before I even got jockeyed. But whatever.

Please dear God tell me someone took a video of it. Please.

EDIT: Looks like it was peanut and for...attitude? Attitude? What? That's even a bannable reason? You mean I can't be in a bad mood or a little grumpy and play in the server? What?! Attitude? Not even swearing, just...attitude? What does that mean? 

Edited by MattKemp

I was incapped in the back, told the two in the front to stop rushing and come back (you and one other person).  Instead of returning, you told me to "Shut up".  I am not going to debate it.  Enjoy your 1 day ban and change your attitude.

By the way... the person I told to stop rushing, who you are defending and told me to shut up about?  After you were banned, he ran ahead all the way to the event, while we were still getting out of the building and started the event, causing everyone to complain and our team to die soon after.  He was banned for rushing as soon as he did that.  Good person for you to tell me to shut up over. 

(edited)

Oh, no, I told you to shut up, and that I was spawn blocking and I knew what I was doing? How dare I? How dare I, that type of language is just unacceptable between two adults. Just unacceptable, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, what I said was completely inexcusable, hopefully there were no kids around to hear that. Shut up? Wow, I should be banned for life with that type of mouth, I mean really.

I wasn't defending the other person, I was defending myself. How about you stop rushing to conclusions and assuming you know everything, when you just said you were in the far back. I didn't see you incapped, that one is on me...but still. I said shut up, yes, but I also said multiple times that I was blocking spawns, something you chose to ignore.

It seems like the bigger issue here is that you felt betrayed and left behind while you were in the back having trouble. I didn't know you were having trouble, and please , I am the last person you need to remind about rushing. It seemed like a good game to me, no reason to rush to judgement and straight ban. I mean, even if you felt offended, hurt, and betrayed, a simple kick would have been sufficient to get your point across, or we could have talked it over as adults. I don't care about the other person, why are you bringing him up? I'm talking about me. Me, not him. Me.

Even now, when I try to talk about it, to see your reasoning, you answer emotionally and take the whole thing personally. Don't take it so personal, no one left you behind. Simple case of miscommunication to me, no need to rush to the banhammer. or get so emotional.

EDIT: I would also like to issue an apology to Mercman, I thought it was you, sorry about that

Edited by MattKemp

It isn't about me.  I was incapped, as I brought up the rear, and was able to see where everyone was.  Most of the team was helping in the back, where the drop point is.  Two players were all the way up front (you and the guy that was banned for rushing a little later).  I told them to stop rushing and come back.  You said to shut up.  Clear and simple stuff.   I don't know what else you are talking about there.  I only said to come back once, not a bunch of times.  

I will change the ban to a week because of your terrible attitude here.  I can certainly make it longer or permanent, if you prefer.

When you come back, try not to be a jerk in the server or here.

Thanks!

Good call Peanut. I was going to extend the ban myself. 

This is a great example of the kind of attitude that doesn't help get you unbanned.

• Like 1

Wait, now you're changing it to a week because I want to talk it out? What? What terrible attitude have I displayed? I do not understand where you're coming from....why can't we talk these things out? I don't get it.

I explained what happened on my end to the best of my knowledge, I want to talk it out, and you ban me for a week? What?! How on earth does that make sense? I remember a few years ago when I played here very often, players were given the benefit of the doubt, and admins did NOT abuse their authority over other people. 

Obviously we both have differing opinions on what happened, but I just chalk those things down do stuff happens. I already admitted I made a mistake and didn't see you were down, and I did say several times I was attempting to spawn block. Apparently you never heard it, but I'm betting a few others did.

Where did the week ban come from? You obviously have a problem with me, for what I do not know, and instead of talking about it you ban me for a week and mockingly say "Thanks!"? Why do you automatically assume you're better than me instead of talking it out? I really don't think I have been overly rude or overstepped my bounds here, but if i did, I certainly apologize, and we certainly got off on the wrong foot.

What did I say that was deserving of a week ban? I'm sorry I just don't understand...

I stand by what I said....Based on the video, I can now see why I was upset with you, you didn't need anyone back to help you, you were up immediately! Also, based on the other teams' dialogue, our pushing was beating them badly.  Three people, count 'em, three people start running backwards pointlessly when you started yelling about rushing. Now I see why I said what I said - your comments(more than one about rushing) were detrimental to our team, so I maintained I was spawn blocking and held my position, ultimately to my downfall. 

If you watch the video we are clearly wrecking them, and no one ever had the need to ever fall back. Like I said in my original post, you were in the back with FOUR teammates around you, and our team well placed, you overreacted in calling us to come back...but that is all in the past.

I do not feel I have said anything abhorrently rude, but if I did while attempting to defend myself, I am sorry. 

However, a part of me is not sorry. Based on the time difference in the video, about 20 seconds passed after you got up and you banning me. If you, as you say, called me back for rushing, and I immediately said just 'shut up', which I did not, where did the rest of the time go? Surely it does not take that long to ban someone....unless...you were lying about those being the only things that were said, and me being there, I will say you were. Other people on my team, including Got your 6, and the others on my team can attest to that.

I am not going to just assume you're right because you are an admin, and I am not going to kiss your butt when you are so clearly wrong, and try to cover it up by extending the ban to a week.

Respect is earned, not given.

Heh, I always get a kick out of that phrase, "Respect is earned, not given". Its adorable. Its also wrong, and will continue to get you into trouble if you insist on holding on to that idea.

Its really easy.  Drop the bravado, stop trying to be right. You have no leverage. You will not win, no matter how right you think you are. Just say, "I'm sorry, I did not mean to rush, I thought I was helping the team. In the future I will be more careful." It does not matter if you feel you have been wronged, or even what the truth is. The phrase, "Life isn't fair" is actually true, and the sooner you realize that the sooner you can just relax and have fun playing this terrible game again lol.

Shaftiel

• Like 1

As I mentioned, I didn't ban you for rushing.

I warned the guys in the front not to rush.  Admins do this all the time, instead of just waiting until the full out rush and then have to ban them.  In the video, you can not see how far the front guy went.  He was at the exit of the building when I said to come back.  In this situation, I was obviously correct, as I had to ban that guy just a few minutes later.

You were banned for arguing with an admin and disrespectful behavior, not for rushing.  Your ban was increased to a week for your posts here, which I don't think anyone reading this would need an explanation to understand.

• Like 1