major csgo update

crasx

Which means what? Game won't register it until you actually see enemy?

So round timer is now shorter for 45 seconds? Hope they fixed hit reg or hit box related.

GC Alumni

Your game isn't aware of a person's location until they are visible to you, so wallhacks won't be able to show you where people are

Your game isn't aware of a person's location until they are visible to you, so wallhacks won't be able to show you where people are

Yeah, this doesn't stop you from wallbanging people across the map if you want.

GC Alumni

yea, figuring out what is visible to a player is pretty tough mathematically. I wouldn't expect it to work well right away considering there are only a couple devs on it. They probably just drew a vector from one player's vision source to anothers

Last night when I was doing some DM missions, people would disappear from my screen. I saw a person go down some stairs, then when I looked out the window to shoot at them, they were there for a second, then *POOF!*, vanished lol. Happened twice to me last night.

Shaftiel

Last night when I was doing some DM missions, people would disappear from my screen. I saw a person go down some stairs, then when I looked out the window to shoot at them, they were there for a second, then *POOF!*, vanished lol. Happened twice to me last night.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I just assumed he respawned, though. 

By the way, anyone know how the new fangled 'exp' works? Does playing on our server give exp, or only if you play on the valve servers?

Shaftiel

I think only MM gives you exp otherwise it may be abusive for exp farming, so MM valve servers only (if i'm not mistaken).

About exp :

Mode XP Multipliers Deathmatch Points * 0.2 Casual Points * 4 Arms Race Points * 1.5 Demolition Points * 3 Competitive

Rounds * 30

I am not 100 % if new exp system is requirement as drop, which means playing and gaining exp will give you a drop, that is once per week. Not to forget, when I was rank 1 and playing MM for exp (going for rank 2), I got quite high exp with included weekly boost. Now that i'm rank 2 (going for 3), my gained exp and boost is half of that, so it can means that after a week around, you'll get more boost again as you're constantly playing (every day) and gaining your rank.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/37kq0b/given_the_1_drop_per_week_rule_what_is_the_appeal/

MM gives XP based on rounds won.  Anything else goes based on your score.

Unless it's official servers only...

[PROFILE RANKS]

– Introducing Profile Ranks, viewable in-game on your CS:GO profile.

– Play on official servers to earn XP and rank up your CS:GO Profile Rank.

— In Competitive Mode, your earned XP is determined by your rounds won.

— In all other modes, your earned XP is determined by your score.

— You can earn additional XP by completing Operation Bloodhound Missions.

– In addition to increasing your CS:GO Profile Rank, your first Rank earned each week will reward you with an earned weapon drop. If you own an Operation Bloodhound Access Pass, your weapon will come from one of the exclusive Operation Bloodhound weapon collections.