Hearthstone "new hero" - DON'T GET IT!

Fenix

Unless you have money to burn, don't but this new hero.  It's just a new skin for the warrior hero class.  Seriously, it's $10 for a cosmetic change to the warrior.  This is like above and beyond anything I thought Blizz would do.

There are 64 different skins in Heroes of the Storm, at a total of 569.81.  That's an average of about $8 per skin.  Some cost more, others cost less.  But the point is that while you play, many people you play with, and against, will see your skin.  In Hearthstone, you only play against 1 person.

If you buy a new skin in HotS, you can actually have a small impact on the players around you if they deem your skin a product of your skill, and not your wallet.  On the other hand, the new skin in hearthstone won't really change gameplay at all since it's not earned with skill.  So far they haven't said you can buy the skin with gold earned from quests or not.  Even then, I'm not very good at hearthstone and I just play for the quests and save my gold.  But I'd rather spend gold on new cards or buy new dungeon levels when they come out since those can actually benefit my deck...rather than buy a new skin to look pretty against one other person.

Long story short, I think Blizz has become something that I don't like with other pay-to-win game companies.

I don't see the problem with them selling reskins. We're still rumored to get that next expansion in July, we just got BRM, and nothing right now is particularly "broken".

The price of the reskins is absolutely ridiculous but it's certainly not harming the game.

If you buy a new skin in HotS, you can actually have a small impact on the players around you if they deem your skin a product of your skill, and not your wallet.  On the other hand, the new skin in hearthstone won't really change gameplay at all since it's not earned with skill.

Long story short, I think Blizz has become something that I don't like with other pay-to-win game companies.

That does not make any sense. The skins in HotS do nothing for gameplay.

Maybe the person buying the cosmetics only wants it for themselves. IE, liking Mangi more than Garrosh.

No one forces you to buy cosmetics.

Plus you can get infinite gold with arena.

If you buy a new skin in HotS, you can actually have a small impact on the players around you if they deem your skin a product of your skill, and not your wallet.  On the other hand, the new skin in hearthstone won't really change gameplay at all since it's not earned with skill.

That does not make any sense. The skins in HotS do nothing for gameplay.

Read what I typed again.  The different skins CAN affect game-play because when some people see a hero walking around with a Master skin, they will run away from it or avoid that confrontation in that battle in case it was earned by skill rather than money.  I've seen it before in that game.  So yes, it can affect game-play.

Ya and spend 10 times longer than if you win a few.  Either way that takes A LOT of battles...which most people know makes you better as you play...which negates your argument. 

• 4 months later...