Server Wipe

Tirtul

Server wipe  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well its been around 6 months... possibly a little longer. With that I am posting up the would you like the server wiped thread as I mentioned back when we wiped last time. If we do choose to wipe I will do it once we have spigot and the plugins in place so it will be all setup for the new world... if we don't wish to wipe well spigot will still be setup. Also in the event we don't wipe I will be putting up another would you like a wipe again in about 6 months.

On a final note. With a wipe there will be NO moving over of old builds... it will be a pure wipe nothing from any previous worlds.

We had so many start-overs with a hope to bring the fun of the new world and exploration. Unfortunately it didn't deliver much joy. The third wipe, arguably has brought the most fun and population to the server. This time I don't even think its worth it. I personally always sided the idea of the new beginning, but not this time. I and many others invested so much in the previous worlds and we willingly gave it all away, but there are people who didn't like it and I think they left because of it.

So if there is a lot was built and people actually have something to lose then let them decide.

I abstain.

I'd be fine either way. If it was wiped I'd probably try and find more time to jump on. It would be cool if we could find a way to drive people to the server like achievements or ranks

I vote no.  The last server wipe I went though sorta ruined everything for me.  I think a majority of us who used to play on the old old server quit playing because of it.  I think we need something more than just a server wipe to get things interesting on this server again.  I agree with crasx that if we had something like achievements or ranks, that would be fun.

(edited)

as mentioned this vote was a suggestion from 6 months ago so I through it up like I had mentioned I would.... if it passes a wipe if not I will put up another in about 6 months, no biggie. As for adding more to the server, Flitter is updating a lot of the back-end getting things all tidy and stuff once that is all done I will be able to put plugins on the server. With spigot I am not sure that there will be the ability to add much in the way of ranks or achievements that would be more of the real mods, but those are being forgone as it was chosen that spigot would be the most preferred choice... but I will see what I can do.

Edited by Tirtul

Server is back online.

Old world is still there and cooking.

Spigot *IS* running but since it is just a wierd version of Craftbukkit you will discern nothing has changed. Until things change. 

As for new world wipe etc.... I leave you to it.

I resume teh deep lurkings... for now...

The server is running Spigot now. Spigot is just a fancy Craftbukkit with more something something....

The world that existed before I brought the server down a day or two ago is still there, nothing has been wiped. Log in, have fun. You guys can continue the debate about wiping the world or not.

Other than that I ran a bunch of Centos updates (running 6 64 bit if you are curious) and bumped the Java on the server from something like 1.8.0_4 to 1.8.0_45 or whatever. Java had not been updated sine July of last year. Gotta be better now.

• Like 1