G99 error won't go away...can't play game anymore

Fenix

So I was having this issue late last night around 2AM AZ time. My client had updated since I had not played in a while. Once it was done, I opened the game in Steam, the launchpad came up, I hit play, and waited.

The game just sat at the loading screen where the dude holds the axe, but there was no server menu that popped up. Eventually the game shut down and a web page opened up saying:
"Game Error G99"

So here's what I did:

1) I tried verifying my game files. After it was completed, it said 1 file was going to be replaced. I never saw a download for it.

2) I reopened the game, same situation as before occurred.

3) I tried step 1 and 2 one more time, same error.

4) I completely uninstalled my game, restarted my computer, and reinstalled the game. Once I restart the game, same error.

5) I thought maybe the update was occurring (since the H1Z1 twitter said it was happening at around 5AM), so I waited till tonight to log in.

6) I tried logging in again, same result as before, error G99.

I have no clue what could be causing this since I had not changed anything since I last played (around March). Any help would be much appreciated!

(edited)

idk if this will work but found this thread:

https://forums.station.sony.com/h1z1/index.php?threads/game-error-g99.2228/

Ya I've tried that.  Everything the OP showed was actually what's stated on the website that brings me to the G99 error.  I've set my router so that my computer is demilitarized, and I made sure that my anti-virus had those 3 programs set as exceptions, not to mention I set them all to run as administrator.  Still no luck.  Daybreak games is a pretty bad group for letting stuff like this become an issue.  Granted it's not affecting a lot of people, but for the ones that have this issue, the game is useless now.

Edited by Fenix

I have found a solution!!!

I talked to a level 2 rep from cox, and after some troubleshooting, he had me type in this in the command prompt (running it as administrator):

netsh winsock reset

After that, restart the PC and BOOM all of a sudden everything worked. I suggest anyone having the G99 issue try this. One thing to note is that I had to bypass my router temporarily to find out if this was related to the router or not. The rep suggested that I still try port forwarding for this game since this could also cause an issue connecting to the servers.

Update:  I went through my router and all is well.  The game finally works.