claims and the whitelist

Tirtul

as we all know the server population is low, and yes we have had some show more interest now that there are a couple of plugins on the server. But I see that some players were still asking about claims and I think that this would be a good opportunity to please some players by reintroducing claims and with claims back on the server I think a removal of the whitelist would then allow us to get more people on the server.

so with that I have put on the claims plugin and it appears to be working. I will not remove the whitelist for about a month giving all players a chance to claim the structures and whatnot that they have worked so hard to build. because the plugin was added very recently nobody will really have the ability to claim all of there areas so send me a message or post on the forums in this thread about how many claim blocks you will need and for the currently players we will be giving those out so that all your stuff is covered. I will also be working on the spawn area and anyone that wishes to help is more than welcome, at the moment its admin claimed so any admin can work on it but for players that wish to help just let me know and I will figure out what I can.

I will post again a week or so before the whitelist is removed and I will also be admin claiming any buildings are player areas that are unclaimed before I remove the whitelist. if you have not claimed your area before the whitelist is removed then you will not be receiving the bonus claim blocks (unless extenuating circumstances prevent you from it)

if you have any questions comments or concerns feel free to let me know.

• Like 2

I will put up a shortcuts list... it seems that I still need to work on the home permissions as only oped players are able to use it atm, so once I have that figured out I will post up the shortcuts

will be working on the permissions for a few days, while doing so and getting everything setup if things don't work or you aren't able to do something just gimme a post, I might not be able to fix it quickly but just know it is being worked on. it will take some time but once its all setup things should run pretty smoothly

they are enabled... though you might not have many claim blocks to work with

so let me know how many you need for the builds you currently have and I will give you the claimblocks needed

I made sure claims are working so that players have about a month to claim their areas

Thanks alot for the claims update. I think it will be a nice thing to bring them back, counter griefing and bringing more poeple to the servers. I only will have internet at my new place tomorow, will it be to late to make my claim before the whitelist is removed ?

Thanks alot for the claims update. I think it will be a nice thing to bring them back, counter griefing and bringing more poeple to the servers. I only will have internet at my new place tomorow, will it be to late to make my claim before the whitelist is removed ?

I think there is still a week or two before the whitelist is removed.

• 2 weeks later...

The one month mark is quickly approaching and I am wanting to remove the whitelist soon.... I will be putting in some work to tidy up the spawn over the coarse of the next week, possibly 2 depending on how much time I can set aside for it and within about that 2 weeks hopefully everyone has claimed their areas, if I notice something not claimed I will admin claim it and it can be transfered at a later time, though I would prefer if players would claim their own areas prior to the whitelist removal.

Also if anyone is finding any issues with anything such as permissions or the claims let me know so that I can take a look and see if it is a feature or its fixable. it will be much easier to deal with problems earlier rather than later.

• 3 weeks later...

this is the official 1 week notice... I will be removing the whitelist in approx. 7 days from today please claim the lands you hold dear if you need help let me know, any player built structures that have not been claimed I will admin claim... I still have a little fixing up to do with spawn and the addition of some signs there then I will go around and finish up the claiming... then I will pull down the whitelist. if you have any comments or questions feel free to ask. once the whitelist is removed I will not be giving additional claiming blocks to individuals so if you didn't claim what you needed then you will have to earn the claim blocks like all the regular players.

I have added a claims plugin to the dynmap so you can now see claims (well at least where they are) I have claimed all player made structures that I could easily find (only in the overworld) spawn has had a small facelift and rules have been posted. I am removing the whitelist. if you have any further questions feel free to start an new thread :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Tirtul,

Just getting back into the server after a hiatus, would like to claim a couple of my bases (I'm McFu in Minecraft)

Also getting my son involved, how can I share a claim?

Looking for a sticky that documents how claims work. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction? If off topic then a DM is welcome.

Thanks for your work on the server!

-Dave007

Edited by dave007