Need help fixing this(my) game.

Yortz

I think some of you have noticed, but a few minutes into the game, I crash to desktop without error, or my laptop freezes and sound loops.

I have tried everything from lowering game settings, reinstalling the game thrice, verifying game cache, defrag, scan. Anyone know a fix for this?

Just got this laptop last month so it's pretty new.

Processor: Inter i7 2.7GHz

RAM: 16GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB

And I don't think it's the graphics card, because I play heavier games like GTA 5 and Starcraft 2 just fine.

Do you maybe play with "power save settings / power options"? I know some people who had enabled power saving, that their game either crash sometimes or had problem with laptop performance.

if none of that works, something may have been corrupted in your game files somehow, uninstall game trough steam, check the game files to see if theres anything suspicious left besides the addons & settings files.

remove it and back it up (in case its actualy important) then reinstall.

steam recognizes some files as modified by the user, so it doesnt automaticaly delete them nor get replaced by the cache check.

i had this problem when uninstalling a program called sweetFX something. game wouldnt run.

Turn off multicore rendering in the video options.  I have waay less crashes now that I turned that off.

Lowered all settings including that, same result.

Turn off multicore rendering in the video options.  I have waay less crashes now that I turned that off.

This and V-sync seem to help a lot with crashing. Start with just the multicore though.

Did that, still getting crashes.

if none of that works, something may have been corrupted in your game files somehow, uninstall game trough steam, check the game files to see if theres anything suspicious left besides the addons & settings files.

remove it and back it up (in case its actualy important) then reinstall.

steam recognizes some files as modified by the user, so it doesnt automaticaly delete them nor get replaced by the cache check.

i had this problem when uninstalling a program called sweetFX something. game wouldnt run

Uninstalled and reinstalled is 3 times, still getting the random crashes and freezing sound loop problem.

Verified game caches and says it fine.

Do you maybe play with "power save settings / power options"? I know some people who had enabled power saving, that their game either crash sometimes or had problem with laptop performance.

It's on High Performanc, same result.

If you haven't already.

In Windows 10, right click the start button, a list should appear and click on Event Viewer.

From there go to Windows Logs -> Application. On the right click filter current log. Usually, Critical and Error are what you are looking for.

Check if you have anything L4D2.exe (whatever the app is) crashing or causing problems.

• 3 weeks later...