So got on today, something weird happened on startup, and next thing I know I'm getting my splash screen again for the bios that I disabled when I first built the computer. Go and check, my bios and overclock all reset somehow. Not sure how, not sure why, but I lost every setting I set way back like 8 years ago. Now I don't remember what they all were. And the overclocking seems to be failing each time so for now I'm back to stock settings I guess. And my DVD drive wont open. The green light keeps flashing, almost like its trying to read it, but whenever i hit the button, nothing. It's almost like its trying to access it like a hard drive. I'm pretty mad right now, but I guess most functionality is there.

Any suggestions to fix that dang DVD drive are welcome though. Not sure what to do about it. It also is causing my computer to lock up when trying to go in settings -> storage. Windows 10.

Could be a number of things.  You made reference to your hardware being 8 or so years old. That is pretty old and most likely the electronic components are breaking down. Could be the motherboard. Could be the PSU. It could be the battery. I am leaning towards the motherboard.

It may be time to upgrade.

Edited by ZeroDamage

It seems to run just fine though, thats whats weird. I've had no othre incidents like this yet, and still not since this one happened. And actually Windows 10 seems to run pretty good, except for the lock up like i was talking about.

I definitely know its time for an upgrade. It has been for a few years but i lack any kind of funds to do it right now, so its impossible. This compy is still running a Q9550, 8gb of DDR2, and a GTX 260. Whats sad is I still play gun game right now trying to level up for CMM and I still win most of those matches, so its hard for me to go buy new stuff when this still does me fine in CS:GO. I forsee trying to upgrade in the near future, but I want to try and get some of our credit card debt paid off and other things first.