Fantasy Hockey Interest?

stutters

I was hoping you guys wouldn't notice  :ph34r:

Here are the options for forwards and defenseman:

zpqsDW0.png

and for goalies:

R4u6wF8.png

IIRC, I only enabled powerplay and shorthanded stuff. Plus/minus and PIM were on by default. 

We have almost exactly 48 hours to decide. If there's opposition, we'll just go back to defaults. 

Not sure why we would have short-handed / powerplay points when we already cover off on odd-man goals and assists.  Seems like we aare giving more weight here than to overall goals and assists (where we don't look at points).

Add hits!

Shorthanded points are really rare. Most players that actually get to play on the penalty kill will only get like 1-3 shorthanded points all season at best. Would be a ton of ties in shorthanded categories. GWG isn't really any better.

Powerplay is usually just powerplay points and not goals and assists too... At least its a lot more common then shorthanded points >_>

Hits and blocks would be cool though. Blocks would add more depth to defensemen.

So are we flying with this or a new draft?
We can adjust these settings without having to draft over. 

Not sure why we would have short-handed / powerplay points when we already cover off on odd-man goals and assists.
I don't follow. Where are odd-man goals and assists being tracked? 

Hits and blocks would be cool though.
I can get behind this. 

I see short handed goals, assists and points as well as power play goals, assists and points as checked in your list.  Note that these also factor into regular goals and assists, so it really ups their weight and impact on the game quite a lot.

Powerplay points are fine, but this is why shorthanded points are a bad idea: http://puu.sh/kBotF/45d1d3b74c.png

Those are all the best "taken" players in the shorthanded category. Shorthanded points are really rare. GWG isn't much better: http://puu.sh/kBoxd/87b2f5e685.png, though I guess GWG are similar to shutouts.

Edited by Pronouncemyname

• 4 weeks later...