Charger heal

VivaLaBrandon

Can we please bring back infected healing to the way it used to be.  It brought stragey as chargers were able to heal several times and deal a ton of damage but at the cost of points.  Also a counterstragey as survivors started to use melee weapons as you couldn't outheal as a charger.  I know it got changed cause babies cried they were getting owned but i remember i would still get killed by good players who were incapped because they aimed for head.  Point is now it affects all the infected as heals wont go through and ive missed several tank healths because of it and others have had similar problems.

Oh, sure. Good job insulting those that are rightfully fed up with "invinci-chargers" by comparing them to "babies." Way to go, dude!

Anyways, I didn't know the healing restrictions affected every infected. It should affect chargers only, if that's possible.

Edited by Carlos

The baby part wasnt meant to be serious or anything, this issue just reminds me of people who complain about hunter.  Both a healing charger and a good hunter are hard to deal with, but just because they are annoying or hard doesn't mean they should get taken away.  I'd rather healing go back to it used to be, but cost 5 points, even at 3 you would only get points for incaps as you would waste any you got from punching.

Just change all the babies in this thread to peanut. It makes the topic more engaging

I know it got changed cause babies peanut cried they were he was getting owned

Oh, sure. Good job insulting those that are rightfully fed up with "invinci-chargers" by comparing them to "babies peanut." Way to go, dude!

Calling people "babies peanut" because they don't agree with an opinion you hold doesn't exactly make people inclined to take your argument seriously.

But seriously, I do like having the option to heal and not limited by a timer. Or we can put in an auto-heal feature similar to tank, which can be buy X amount per spawn but will cost more say 5-7 pt.

Edited by Protomanx13
  • Like 1

Most people are bringing up the 'baby' thing because that's what you called the people who complained about it. And yet here you are complaining about which I guess also makes you the baby. Moral of my post is that if you are gonna make an argument to bring something back don't insult the people who made it go away. Because then most people with side with them.

Ok I will address this without bringing up the B word.

I think the changes should stay in place because they are OPd for the average player.  Sure, if everyone could just aim for the head or switch to melee, then this would never have been an option.  However, since there exists a certain class of players that just get owned by the players that know how to heal on the run like that, it makes them very powerful.

• Like 2

Was hoping for members to give their opinion as I already know all the admins disliked it.  Dont know why you keep bringining up baby thing i could have just said whiners and it would mean the same thing.  I could say hunter needs a nerf because i can;t skeet and i would expect people to call me a whiner thats the way i see the charger thing.

Was hoping for members to give their opinion as I already know all the admins disliked it.  Dont know why you keep bringining up baby thing i could have just said whiners and it would mean the same thing.  I could say hunter needs a nerf because i can;t skeet and i would expect people to call me a whiner thats the way i see the charger thing.

Well saying the admins don't like it is a bit broad.  I did not know this was a nerf on the normal behavior.  It must have happened before I was a member.  I don't like it because it is OP, nothing to do with me being an admin.

I hated the spam heal chargers(i.e. certain players). No bias here,though.Technically, you can still spam it but just at a slightly slower pace. It hasn't hampered my melee charger experience. If a charger is shuffling around enough, you can still dish out the pain and rack up the points. I think it's fine the way it is.

Pretty sure you were admin because it didn't happen that long ago, and i meant non-admins as admins are the most vocal on the server, so I already know what they think about things.  Oh well doubt members who I dont know where they stand will post here so rip.

Edit: fail spelling

Edited by VivaLaBrandon

I think its more delayed now because before you could just spam it and it would heal you, now it will usually says you can't heal when dead.

I think it's the accidental rebuy protection not allowing you to !heal again until three seconds have passed. JC would have to confirm. 

• Like 1

I think it's the accidental rebuy protection not allowing you to !heal again until three seconds have passed. JC would have to confirm. 

that's for the general "!heal" bind. If you have an infected heal bind(the one that autoheals tank) then there used to not be buy protection on this. That's how most people spammed charger heals. Now it says you cannot buy this right now. 

Viva, Kinda disappointed you called people babies.  But yes, people complain.  Because the game becomes very one sided with certain players.  The Setup is for everyone to enjoy.  Basically allstars and new players alike.  You can also always play on another server it this server upsets you with babies though.

Quick buy protection doesn't affect Tanks when bought through the menu.  The !heal will always have a quick buy protection for the main reason that if you have it bound to a key, it prevents wasting your points on a second purchase of the same item if you're pressing the button too fast (happened to me in the past which was why I put something like that in there) and affects everyone, including Tanks.

Autoheal for Tanks through the menu does not have quick buy protection on it.

Autoheal for Tanks through the menu does not have quick buy protection on it.

do you mean chargers? and if you do, then yes there is a timer because I have 2 heal binds. 1 for infected(used to spam charger heals) and another for survivor heals. But the infected bind now says you can't buy that right now, while the survivor heal says accidental buy protection if you press it too fast I think

Jackie and I discussed that charger heal spam meta and it was changed accordingly.   It is incredibly frustrating for players new to server have a charger running around like a quick mini-tank melee them to death. Then when it's their turn, they can't do the same because they don't know the buy menu or have binds.  A lot of the regulars/members STILL don't use binds.  Not gonna mention any names, but one prime example would be a pretty good member whose name rhyme with Carlos. 

So a 3 second delay between heal spams is a good compromise.  The charger can still spam it but more strategically now, and the survivor isn't getting wrecked completely.