Welcome to the gc.ftw L4D2 server, how can we help?

tainted92

I'm all for trying to help out new players in the server, especially when they ask for help using !buy, !jointeam when stuck in spec, etc.. After reading the post though, I'll keep what you said in mind when there is a new player that's incapped or something. Wouldn't want a potential cool member/admin to never return to these servers again just because that new player was treated unfairly :/

Aye, as san`ta said, I'm genuinely happy to see someone say that, thanks Carlos :D

I'm going to be extremely frank about the subject matter brought up in these posts and they might be seen as mean or alienating.

Ok. A lot of us still playing here have been here quite a while. We took the time to learn how things work and now are a contributing member of the team. New players don't yet have that level of contribution yet and thus are seen as unstable "investments." Seeing new players constantly break rules that are in their face when they first join and screw up games chips away at one's compassion for these people. Not only that, a lot of these people don't communicate so you don't even know if you're getting through to them. It's as if you're talking to a brick wall. You see a strange face join and if they don't show signs of promise, they get written off mentally. You aren't about to risk your life for somebody you've never seen before and won't get your points or the same kind of treatment back in return. Oh no. I think the scenario I laid out applies to the more serious players and not so much the casuals.

Yuri, I agree with everything you said in your latest post. I would like to add onto your bit about admins. It's becoming rather frequent that admins aren't reacting in time to catch rushers and such when people are complaining from both sides even with multiple admins present. That's my two cents on the matter.

Our servers are welcome to all players, regardless of skill level or how new they are.  I would encourage all to help new players, but if you don't want to send them points or help them, that is your choice.  Just don't be mean to them.  If you think the servers should only be for experienced players, then I suggest you play elsewhere or only play when the server is full of "regulars". 

Our servers are welcome to all players, regardless of skill level or how new they are.  I would encourage all to help new players, but if you don't want to send them points or help them, that is your choice.  Just don't be mean to them.  If you think the servers should only be for experienced players, then I suggest you play elsewhere or only play when the server is full of "regulars". 

every server should welcome new people however its not just regulars that have to make this happen its also admins as well. like last night i called this guy out for griefing. going back up the escalator on dead center in the mall and just standing there he said he didnt know the map yet he knew the point system and everything else.  did he start playin correctly yes.  did he seem like he knew the map after i called him out on it... yes.  but i might as well be mute if someone new comes in and doesn't know the map and im like "this way name" 5X and that person still doesn't understand where to go.  

"get out of spit"

"don't just stand in the open"

i think its the way its sent is where u guys are confusing whats rude and whats not.  i know some ppl on the server do not speak english as fluent as some of us.  even with me i'll be like "what are u doing? stop standing in spit"  is that me being rude? i'm not saying "look ***** (i actually put the * there so u guys know i wasn't cursing on the forums) get the **** out of spit u ****"

we all get worked up in the game.  in every game we all do.  im sure someone here played farmville on facebook and got mad LAWL!!! I hope i'm wrong but I bet i'm right. 

anyways i hope whatever goal u're going for you succeed. 

every server should welcome new people however its not just regulars that have to make this happen its also admins as well. like last night i called this guy out for griefing. going back up the escalator on dead center in the mall and just standing there he said he didnt know the map yet he knew the point system and everything else.  did he start playin correctly yes.  did he seem like he knew the map after i called him out on it... yes.  but i might as well be mute if someone new comes in and doesn't know the map and im like "this way name" 5X and that person still doesn't understand where to go. 

All we're asking is for members to try. Admins should already be helping and teaching. If you try a few times and they don't respond, that's unfortunate for them, but we'll never know if we don't give it a shot.

• Like 1

I'm all for helping out new players and usually do, however i think my advice gets lost in translation because noone can understand me... GG Kiwi accent.  That hawkard moment when you say something on mic and no one responds.

Is it possible to set the motd to display for a certain amount of time for new players only?  Let them have a read before joining in game? 

Anyway, always willing to help out when I'm on and when tainted's not doing his job  :P

PS:  For Christmas, I wish for members to be able to use the !who function again.  Please make it happen, san`ta!

• Like 1

I'm all for helping out new players and usually do, however i think my advice gets lost in translation because noone can understand me... GG Kiwi accent.  That hawkard moment when you say something on mic and no one responds.

Is it possible to set the motd to display for a certain amount of time for new players only?  Let them have a read before joining in game? 

Anyway, always willing to help out when I'm on and when tainted's not doing his job  :P

PS:  For Christmas, I wish for members to be able to use the !who function again.  Please make it happen, san`ta!

then talk when im on ill get u to speak up moar

yuri is always up for more ppl talkin :D as u know

Edited by LadyYuri
  • Like 1

All we're asking is for members to try. Admins should already be helping and teaching. If you try a few times and they don't respond, that's unfortunate for them, but we'll never know if we don't give it a shot.

sans u should know me by now to know what i stand by and what i go by.  if u think not then u know where to find me