[SPOILER] Walking Dead, why? :<

Kiarali

All aboard, next stop: denial! There are lots of reasons people don't think he's dead so no worries.

1) he's glenn and his fanbase borders on cultish and it'd certainly be an interesting turn of events for the show if he was killed

2) he wasn't on the talking dead or the "In Memoriam" section they usually have

3) Nicholas fell with him and when the zombies were attacking, the way his blood pooled/entrails were shown they were too far up on his body, suggesting that it was Nicholas getting attacked instead of him.

4) TWD is all about those twists, there's probably a hole in the dumpster that he pulled himself under and up into. 

5) If he was really dead, REALLY dead, why wouldn't they make that absolutely without a doubt clear? 

Anyway, I was a hair away from breaking out in a sweat like ha ha they're gonna get out of this right? RIGHT? GUYS?

I personally don't think he's dead and they wrapped the episode up too neatly by making him seem dead and then fitting a 90-minute flashback episode between that one and the resolution where we find it out. Let's hope!  

I think Glenn is dead.  The writers/producers know they have to kill off important characters from time to time otherwise the show loses one of key aspects that make it different than all other shows, every character is at risk at any point in time.  You don't even get that feeling from most movies let alone TV series. I admit that he could be alive but I would be really disappointed if they ever used this miraculous escape card again, because Glenn's situation is about as bad as we have seen on the series.  Consider these points as to why he is actually dead:

1.) If he is alive, it is a miraculous escape that can never be repeated in the series.  In this type of series you only get to play that card once.  As much as we love Glenn, I think the writers will save that one use for Rick, Carl, or Daryl personally.  If they use it here, you can't do it again in the series.

2.) Do you really believe that none of the 20 zombies surrounding Glenn didn't bite his arm or leg that would have been sticky out from under Nicholas's body?  Watch it again and you see that he is completely surrounded, there is no escape lane.  I am in the camp his scream was more than one of just horror but pain too.

3.) The dumpster is a popular theory but unless there is an open sewer (popular theory right now) underneath it to escape to, it would offer no real protection as zombies would crawl under from all directions to bite him too.  

4.) If he does escape, through the theory mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised if he was bitten in the process.  So even if he escapes, he may be dead but it would allow some closure to his story as producers suggested we will get.  The comments they made on Talking Dead were weird and I think a mistake as they give people hope that he will make it out of this unscathed. They made the statement due to viewer backlash but I think what they are implying is that Glenn will show up again in the series, maybe just not in a living form or near death which leads me to....

5.) I think we will see zombie Glenn potentially.  It has been a long time since we saw a major cast member as a walker and it needs to happen again (Merle was the last major cast member that was zombified that I remember....Shane before that).  I can't think of a more tragic but powerful way for Maggie and the group to find out what happened to Glenn. It would be a sad but major meaningful moment in the series.  We haven't had one of those for some time.  

6.) His use of calling Rick a dumb*** was foreshadowing to me.  It was his first words to Rick in episode 2 when he talked to Rick on the walkie talkie in Atlanta.  I don't think they would have used that line this wasn't the end for Glenn.  If Glenn survives, it really nullifies the value of him saying that.

7.) For those who know some of the comic storylines (I know some broad points but haven't read the series myself), Glenn's death would then leave quite some speculation on who takes his place in his comic book death.  Consider that with Glenn out of the picture it may put Mishone or Daryl in his place.  That scene, which I believe they will do nearly identical as in the comics, will also be one of the most tragic events in the series, especially if it is Daryl.

8.) Steven Yeun's name missing from the credits doesn't tell me if he is dead or alive as that can be a simple ruse to make you assume he is dead or simply the case that he is actually dead.  I don't think anyone other than showrunners/cast/etc know what his name off the credits mean at this time. 

So there it is.  I would not be disappointed if Glenn lives as I like him as a character.  I would be disappointed though if they use a device like this again in the series though.  Since I believe that you can only do something like this in the series once, I would have preferred it have been used on Rick or Carl since they are the main characters or on Daryl since that is the character whose real death would cause the most upheaval....

Won't know until like... episode 6 if he's dead or not.

Awwe, I just hope they didn't off him yet :<

Semi mini-spoiler (not major):

Just so you know, the next episode is a flashback episode and has almost nothing to do directly with the current situation of Glenn or Rick, even though it was a 90 minute episode.  I think it it is better that you know up front as I did, otherwise I would have been really irked expecting it to be a really important episode only to find out it is a flashback that simply fills out a character's back story.  I thought the episode was ok but one of the weaker overall episodes I have seen in along time for the series.  I think the placement was a poor choice unless one thing happens soon but I won't mention that possibility until you see episode 4.