Server 1 around 9 EST Tonight Friday 11/6/15 Member "Schoolyard Pick" "Pick-up" Game

PeanutButterNJelly

Just wanted to do something different...(but not complicated).

Was thinking, tonight, around 9pm EST (maybe a little earlier or whenever the current campaign ends)

Instead of doing a scramble at beginning of campaign, we do a "schoolyard pick"

- I will pause game

- wait for scramble

- Everyone will go in spec

- I will choose 2 captains

- Captains will take turns choosing players

After that, play as normal

We can adjust each round, if people leave and new ones arrive

Please try to show up if you are member.  It will be tough to do if we have a lot of non-members (because then members will join and kick them, messing up the picks).  If we don't have mostly members, I will cancel it.

Don't get annoyed about the spot you are taken.  It is up to the two captains.  If you care that much about it, probably better not to show up.

Please leave comments, if you think good idea, dumb idea, if you will be there or not, if you want to make fun of where Meng will be picked, etc

• Like 1

Those poor people who are picked last, and you're sat there thinking "Damn... I thought I was good", and you just tell them "It's because you never buy a laser."

Sounds interesting, I'll be there

Are you preparing for being picked last??

• Like 2

I'm in.  Or maybe I'm out, depending on whether I get picked to be on someone's team LOL. :hihi:

Don't worry, there will always be a spot in Spectate.

you are saying that because you know you won't get pick :hihi: , jackie

expect people to pick me first

edit: oh wait, i can't even play. it is conflicting with my schedule...damn

Edited by Protomanx13

I'm in. Or maybe I'm out, depending on whether I get picked to be on someone's team LOL. :hihi:

It's ok. If I do become captain, then you'll be chosen for my team (along with the other 8). No worries, you won't be picked last.

I hope to be there.

It'll be at 3pm where you are. The game will take place under 2 hours and a half from now in server 1. Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

I think this turned out good tonight.  Great turnout.  Most people stayed for entire campaign.  Let me know what you thought.  I didn't anticipate one problem, people getting kicked while staying in spec and waiting to be picked.  The server crash during team selection didn't help either.

if we do it again, I would suggest we just have everyone on teams, and just swap people as the captains are choosing.  Might be a little confusing, but at least people wouldn't get kicked.  Also turning on all-talk for the selection helped.

• Like 1

I liked it, too bad parish crashed and it was death toll instead.  Death toll usually has early tanks, which can make a big difference in scores.  Maybe have someone write down who got picked cause seemed like captains were getting confused on who was supposed to pick and who had already been picked.

Agreed, it was fun and Dixie actually got picked to be the second member of a team, so she was rather happy not to be last :P I had a great bunch of fun, but as mentioned, the organisation at the start could have went better as archer and I got fairly confused XD

Looking forward to the next time where I don't have to take the blame because I won't be captain that time :P

Do it again

and on a side note

I was think maybe  guys vs gals  ????

It's a terrible idea, most of the "OP" players are guys. I love the girls we have on the server, they give the best banter, they very rarely get irritated at bad team-mates like most people, and they're genuinely fun people to play with. Still, it'd be a complete steamrolling either way

Can you imagine this match-up?

Dixie                    General

Shepard              Gandalf

Pandas               Swatfishy

Neko                   Brandon

chixor'                 Deadlock

Moira                  Carlos

Sassy                 Abusement Park

The list could go on, it wouldn't even be funny to watch

Edited by tainted92

I have thought of a guys vs girls match.  I think it would be fun. 

Writing down the picks is a good idea, because it gets tough when people disconnect and new ones come in during the picking process.  I think next time it should be much smoother.

Just my notes for next time, so it goes fast and is more efficient:

- don't leave people in spec (because they get kicked)

- make sure the captains know the order (first captain gets 1 pick, but after that each time captain picks 2)

- an admin to handle swaps as picks are made

- someone to jot down picks as they are made and yell out when next captain's turn

- keep on all talk during picking process

• Like 2

Do it again

and on a side note

It's a terrible idea, most of the "OP" players are guys. I love the girls we have on the server, they give the best banter, they very rarely get irritated at bad team-mates like most people, and they're genuinely fun people to play with. Still, it'd be a complete steamrolling either way

lol

Id bet on the ladys

Edited by Mercman

Do it again

and on a side note

You are wrong. Dixie is pro. She always gets untouchable in the game. No one can touch her. 

All you need to do is disable hunter. Then, everything will be fine.  :)

Do it again

and on a side note

You are wrong. Dixie is pro. She always gets untouchable in the game. No one can touch her. 

All you need to do is disable hunter. Then, everything will be fine.  :)

thats bc im her body armor