Just bought Half-Life 2 ep 1 & 2 for $2.49

Fenix

I've never played this game before, so I hope I enjoy them even though they are a bit dated.  Seeing that everyone says it's the best game ever, I think $2.49 justifies me buying it and playing it.  Feel free to provide any tips or hints that might help me in my quest.

...all I have left to get to complete my orange box collection is Counter Strike (not sure which version).

With Half Life 2, look for the add on "Half Life 2 - Update".  It is not an official update from Valve, but a community lead effort to improve the game's visuals.  It was just released March.  In fact I just installed it this morning, intending on playing through HL2 again. 

when I look for half-life 2 workshop items in steam, nothing comes up at all.  If I start to type "lef" for L4D2, it auto-populates with "Left 4 Dead 2", but there's nothing for half life....this is wierd

edit: nvm found it.  I had to search for it on google and apparently that mod is downloaded as a game.

Edited by Fenix

I breifly played HL1 on xbox but never liked it.  I saw enough of the game to know the basic premise of the story and who's involved.  But so far I'm not liking that I'm having to dodge a helo shooting at me while I have just a crowbar and a pistol.