Banned

megahuddle

Hi.So we were playin first map of dead air 5v5. as we got to the last roof top Clony bought a tank and as half the team was dead i said "time to run for it". I got to the safe room and send out my points, sadly my team werent so lucky. i was a main and my team told me gj, so thought everything was fine untill midway through the next map i got kicked with a ban message:/

I would like to add that on the previous round I bought a tank in the same spot and Clony made a run for it and got to the saferoom. I kinda felt like returning the favour^^ 

Anyway. I feel like a ban without any form of warning is a bit harsh. I would have complied if you (Johnny) told me what i was doing was wrong. Been playing this game for too long to really care about the scores anyway:)

Hopefully i can get unbanned and cya all tonight:)

Cheers. Bambi

Welcome to the forums, megahuddle.

When rushing is allowed: at least half team dead, and the rest alive are incapped/pinned by infected or otherwise under extreme pressure and the situation is unsalvageable, then the remaining "few" are allowed to rush. ( "Few" can be argued based on the fluid factors contributing to the situation, but generally is 1-2, maybe 3. )

AND/OR

Unanimous approval by team to rush.  

When Clony rushed, I vaguely heard him say something about running for it, but I was busy fighting for my life and I lost track of him.  There were 4 of us and I saw Victor next to me huntered.  I did not see where you ( tank) chased Clony so I assumed he ran when he saw I was the only other person standing.

There were at least 6-7 of your team alive when Clony spawned the tank, and you ran in the span of 5 seconds it took for me to charge socky.  I turned the camera around to watch your team.  Please do not rush and abandon your team.  

I cant say that i agree with your Decision Johnny. Sadly i dont have video footage to back up the story from my perspective.

The first video dont show Clony dropping down and pop adrenalin, as the tank i noticed it and jumped off the roof to try and cut him off but by then he was already in.

in the second video you hear Defiant say "okay now its time to run" within 3 seconds (what i had said only seconds before that). As i was in front part of the group, i dropped and started making my way towrds the saferoom, at the time i got to the small room before the drop to the truck i looked back and saw only 1 standing and tank still goin strong. As i was a main i decided to make a run for it.

What u fail to understand Johnny is that, while the situation might look calm from your perspective (in the second video) I was fighting off infected on a roof top with Clony as a tank and incap/death messages popping up left and right. 

nonetheless i feel that a warning would have sufficed in this situation as the rules of rushing are kind of iffy. 

Once again i just wanna say if you dont agree with my decisions, atleast give me a fair warning before banning me for 3 days.

in the second video you hear Defiant say "okay now its time to run" within 3 seconds (what i had said only seconds before that). As i was in front part of the group, i dropped and started making my way towrds the saferoom, at the time i got to the small room before the drop to the truck i looked back and saw only 1 standing and tank still goin strong. As i was a main i decided to make a run for it.

Couple issues here. Members ( you and Defiant ) shouldn't be telling a team full of new players to run for it as soon as a tank spawn.   Also, just because a team mate says to run doesn't mean you can just run without it being considered rushing.  You stating then deciding to run is considered rushing, especially when you leave people behind.  If you stayed, you could've helped the people jockeyed, smoked, or help socky who I was pounding by the ledge.

What u fail to understand Johnny is that, while the situation might look calm from your perspective (in the second video) I was fighting off infected on a roof top with Clony as a tank and incap/death messages popping up left and right. 

First screen is me flying in as charger.  Second screen is about 5-6 seconds later when I saw you in the distance.  If you fought off infected with the tank next to you and saw death messages popping up left and right, then I don't think we were on the same server.

vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h09m35s577_zpszcnot

vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h10m00s293_zpsss5ag

nonetheless i feel that a warning would have sufficed in this situation as the rules of rushing are kind of iffy. 

Long time members should know the rules.  A warning was too late by then because by the time I was finished pounding socky, you were in the safe room and the score was set.  A ban gets you on the forums where we could discuss the issue with more depth and work towards a resolution.  Things become hectic and chaotic especially as survivors.  I get it.  But you rushed to saferoom, and left at least 4-5 human players behind very shortly after a tank spawned.  If you don't agree with my decision, I can get a Board member in here and they can moderate.  

Since I was involved I believe I have the right to post something here. 

This is how my mind went through that situation:

1. A tank was bought. 

2. We have only 4 survivors left, one being a stupid AI.

3. I see the tank in front of us and smack us back, I also noticed I we were all on a rooftop

4. I hit tab to see I'm a main.

5. One person just got boomed, maybe two.

6. I told my team I am going to run for it, as you hear in the game.

7. I jump down and hear a jockey hit my teammate somewhere behind me, and assuming the tank was right behind me, I didn't bother looking backwards to save some time.

I felt it was a reasonable rush. Given the dire situation, even though I didn't ask and did merely say "I'm just gunna run for it."

3 Survivors and a dumb AI bot vs 1 tank, 4 player infected, and 5 bot infected, and to top it all off, on a rooftop that the tank can smack us off of.

Even though none of us were down, none of the 3 of us could take care of that many special infected while dealing with common infected and a tank breathing down our necks, and on a small confined space like that rooftop.

Although I did not confirm it with my team, to which I am sorry for that, I took the liberty to push for some extra points. I have a button bound to buy adrenaline and I hit it after I said "I'm just gunna run for it."

I may have been recording that game, I am unsure but I will go check and if I was I will give the demo to Johnny and let him decide if I acted too quickly or not.

And plus Bambi, you do not rush simply to "return the favour" because the other team did. You rush for points when the situation is dire.

• Like 1

By the time i drop off that roof top there is absolutely nothing i can do to help out my team on the other side. If that second frame is not a dire situation calling for a justified rush then i guess i dont get it. 2 incaped, 2 pinned, 1 jockeyed and 1 chased by a tank.

I dont know what you expect me to do about their situation when i had already dropped down. 

As i see it i could either wait for you to finish them off and then come after me or i could make use of it and get my team the points to win the round.

I'm sorry that i had the foresight to see in which direction this scenario was going.

As you point out yourself, i'm a long time member and i do know the rules. Bottom line in this case is that you don't agree/understand my decision to make a run for it and instead of giving me a chance to explain myself (in game) you jump to the conclusion that i'm just another rusher and ban me.

I cant help but think that you misjudged the situation.

Due to the painfully slow pace of this conversation i'm out.

Anyone who play with me on a regular basis could testify that i'm not one to rush and that i do indeed help out my team as much as possible. When this ban is over and i return to the servers i will still be the same player i've always been. 

To Clony i hope you know that i'm not bringing you into this debate to get you in trouble. I would have clearly done the same thing as you did. I just fellt that our situations were identical enough to prove a point. as to the "return the favour" comment i was merely trying to keep my post light mooded. 

Ya the time difference is dragging this on.  I agree that you are a good player and don't cause any issues.  So I'll go ahead and lift the ban.  Just try to be more careful in the future.  Don't tell people to run when there is a tank.  Don't drop down and run without your team, and put yourself in an unfortunate situation where you can get in trouble.  With regard to the situation that occurred, you did rush but I do understand why and what made you do it.  

Remember rushing is justified when more than half of the team is DEAD, the rest incapped/pinned, and you are the "few" left and/or you have team permission to rush.

Just my observation...

Sometimes rushing situations can be tough to see.  Some people will see it as rushing, others think it is justified.  In this situation, from the demo it certainly seemed like rushing to me.  We have to enforce rushing rules, because if we don't, the games get out of control and everyone will be angry. 

However, we all make mistakes, whether with rushing or other rules, at some point.  If you are not someone consistently breaking rules, we will almost always lift the ban when asked.

Anyone can feel free to come to me with any questions or issues as well. 

Thanks for posting, thanks for resolving.

• Like 1