Some Statistical Analysis

drag

I'm a bit of a stats nerd, and I always wished there was some kind of aggregate stat that looked at everything a player is doing, rather than the bland stats we get showing how many kills we've racked up over the years.

So I dug into the stats database a little bit and created a formula (along with a Google Spreadsheet) to track everything for some of the regular players.

The way I see it, when you are playing as survivors there are 4 main things you can be doing to help your team.  You can kill special infected, you can kill common infected, you can protect your teammates, and you can revive teammates.  (You can also heal teammates, but this stat isn't tracked for some reason.)

Given the above, I created a formula to put into a Google Spreadsheet.

That formula is (CI + 4*SI + 6*TP + 20*R) x 50

CI = Common Infected killed per minute

SI = Special Infected killed per minute

TP = Teammates protected per minute

R = Revived teammates per minute

And the x50 is to make the total number larger so you get a big spread between the numbers.

The multipliers are obviously subjective, but they aren't arbitrary.  I multiply the Teammates Protected by 6 in order to bring that number up to something high enough to effect the overall score.  Same with revived teammates being multiplied by 20.  Common Infected doesn't get a multiplier because it's the highest number.

Feel free to look around and tell me what you think.  The doc can be found here.

(You can sort the list by right clicking the headers and sorting Z to A or A to Z.)

Top 10 Common Infected killed per minute

Kazya: 5.32

Swatfishy: 4.68

Drag: 4.62

lyl: 3.84

Sox: 3.74

AdamSvp21: 3.64

Got Your 6: 3.52

Zimbaly: 3.37

General: 3.37

Finlanderi: 3.27

Top 10 Special Infected killed per minute

Nerdy: 1.25

General: 1.23

Swatfishy: 1.18

Deadlock: 1.18

Drag: 1.12

Sox: 1.02

Elite Gandalf: 0.97

Clony: 0.92

Mav: 0.90

Finlanderi: 0.86

Top 10 Protected Teammates per minute

Kazya: 0.91

Gank: 0.83

Tenth: 0.83

Drag: 0.82

Swatfishy: 0.82

Nerdy: 0.81

Got Your 6: 0.75

Magoo: 0.74   (is Magoo Pope Kingsley?)

Elite Gandalf: 0.73

Sox: 0.68

Top 10 Revived Teammates per minute

Got Your 6: 0.16 <you da Real MVP

Wonka: 0.13

Nerdy: 0.12

DammitCarlos: 0.12

Kazya: 0.10

Swatfishy: 0.10

KanonKev: 0.10

Brandon: 0.10

Drag: 0.10

Sox: 0.10

Top 10 Overall (based on formula above)

Swatfishy: 817.02

Drag: 801.74

Kazya: 800.56

Nerdy: 769.26

Sox: 692.83

Got Your 6: 684.88

General: 659.94

Elite Gandalf: 642.03

Tenth: 628.14

Magoo: 616.61

_ _ _ _ _

A few notes, I didn't add in the admins because they spend a lot of time on the servers not playing, so their numbers are artificially low since I'm using per minute stats, rather than overall stats.  If it was overall numbers Maestro would win everything.

Also, if you'd like to be added feel free to let me know.  Or if you'd like to be removed I can also do that.

And finally, it should be painfully obvious but I'll say it anyways, these numbers don't mean everything.  They don't even mean half of everything.  This was just for some fun.

Edited by drag

Nope, YOU'RE the MVP for actually taking the time to create this interesting formula for everyone to check out and see. You invented this. Nice job! You should be real proud of yourself :)

Edited by Carlos

Ahaha, sadly saying, if you kill the most Common infected, you have a better chance at being on the best overall list.

Welp, Im out guys, this list isn't for me.

Im at the bottom of that spreadsheet in Common infected kills, and second worst in CI per minute. Maybe I should waste more of my points on fireworks?

How about some infected statistics, now that would be interesting to see. Mainly hunters, yes, that's all I care about. Do a spreadsheet for hunters only, I will be satisfied.

Edited by MurderinClony

(edited)

Ahaha, sadly saying, if you kill the most Common infected, you have a better chance at being on the best overall list.

Welp, Im out guys, this list isn't for me.

Im at the bottom of that spreadsheet in Common infected kills, and second worst in CI per minute. Maybe I should waste more of my points on fireworks?

How about some infected statistics, now that would be interesting to see. Mainly hunters, yes, that's all I care about. Do a spreadsheet for hunters only, I will be satisfied.

Actually all the categories carry about the same weight with the multipliers.  I'll show you with an example.

General

CI per minute: 3.37 

SI per minute 1.23 (x4 multiplier) = 4.92

Protected per minute: 0.54 (x6 multiplier) = 3.24

Revived per minute: 0.08 (x 20 multiplier) = 1.6

For General, SI per minute has the largest impact.  CI and Protected teamamates are close in 2nd and 3rd, and revived teammates has the least impact.

_ _ _ _ _ 

As for fireworks, you're limited to 5 anyways.  So that doesn't change much.  The one exception would be Kazya, who played most of his time when the server still had unlimited fireworks.  So I think that makes his numbers a little bit exaggerated.

_ _ _ _ _ 

I'll do an infected stat sheet too at some point, assuming this one gets positive feedback and not a lot of hurt feelings.

Edited by drag

This might be a silly question, but is there any way you can add in the percentage of headshots per special infected? I'd like to see our headshot accuracy :)

I don't think the stats track headshots per SI.  But I could work in headshots overall.

This is great stuff!

How did you get the numbers?  Just manually search each player and type them all in the spreadsheet?  Is there any way we could get a full database dump to do a little more thorough analysis on the stats?

It would be nice if I could get a full dump of all the data.  A lot of it is left out.

But the data came from here:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/pages/l4d2stats

This is great stuff!

How did you get the numbers?  Just manually search each player and type them all in the spreadsheet?  Is there any way we could get a full database dump to do a little more thorough analysis on the stats?

It would be nice if I could get a full dump of all the data.  A lot of it is left out.

But the data came from here:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/pages/l4d2stats

IM me, I'll hook you up