Banned Ok

whitegreyhat

You were recently kicked by two admins for going AFK and I was informed of this.  Then I joined a game and you were AFK again.  In the video, you came back just as the round started, changed infected classes twice, then immediately went AFK.  Why would you come back just as the round started then immediately go AFK?  I'm not going to beat this dead horse anymore. The admins will discuss this and get back to you.

AFK issue 1: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/46187-gijoewow/

AFK issue 2: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/46279-why-banned-for-1-month/

vlcsnap-2016-01-11-22h48m14s214_zpsnzldy

vlcsnap-2016-01-11-22h48m31s294_zpszs7pa

Yea I did go AFK I told my team, mainly Joda,(the server had crashed and no one was there, so i invited 5 people only he came) I had to stepaway for a second.  It was 3 v 3 so when I came back it put me on the wrong team, so thats why I switched back to my original team.  But I think it wouldnt let me because I dont remember playing with you or blob. I did not think it was going to be an issue because the score was so lopsided anyway, no one was staying, and I let the team know i had to do something quick.

GIJoeWOW: yeh i dont know its not a rule but i get banned because they warned me about it before like a year ago
GIJoeWOW: its just stupid sorry to vent to u
Joda: I'd back you up if you want me to, because i do remember you telling me you had to go afk to do something real quick

Edited by whitegreyhat

The big thing about going AFK is that it takes up a server slot.  Those spectator slots are to be mainly used by admins and not for other players to sit for extensive amounts of time or to use it to switch to a preferred team from one they were previously on as an example.  If you need to leave your computer for whatever reason (getting a drink, bathroom, etc.), it's preferred to just disconnect and rejoin in when you're back.  Being a GC member, it's not like you can't just rejoin the game when you reconnect.  As you stated, it wasn't even full so disconnecting wouldn't have affected anything.  Spectator slots are a special case and should only really be used by admins.

• Like 1

Okay yea I understand that jackie, so I will just leave totally, but also you lose all your points by totally disconnecting.  And in this situation, I just don't understand how it wrongly effected anyone.   It's a game, I know I have been warned.  Everyone has circumstances, they have to go to the bathroom, they need  a drink, their contact lense fell out, someones knocking at door, kitchen is starting on fire (happened to me once while playing l4d2), dog needs to go out, you press the windows key by accident, mouse died...etc.  So i guess you are right I should have just left and reconnected not go AFK.

I kicked you on Sunday during Death Toll. I was on your team as survivor and you were in a side room getting charged. After the charger was killed you didn't move at all and a couple people said you were AFK. When they said that I saw you not moving and kicked you. I don't know for how long you were not moving as it's tough to babysit on survivor, all I know is that I saw an AFK player and kicked them.

I don't know what 3v3 game you are talking about because the match above was 6v6 or 7v7, so that 3v3 must've been another game where you were AFK.  Look at that video from an admin/fellow team mate's point of view.  At the start of the round, you were AFK during the countdown, standing still and not doing anything.  Normally infected set up and prepare to attack as soon as round is live.  The reasons you went afk doesn't matter,  it happens.  Life happens. People go AFK.  No big deal. But then as soon as match goes live, you change classes TWICE to a spitter, holding a spitter, then you went AFK again until the system moved you to spectate.  So you came back from AFK to change classes, and then AFK again while holding a spitter so your team can't use it? The whole situation boggles my mind.  Nobody should be banned for being AFK, but you take it to a whole new level.  Yet, all these admins are taking this absolutely monumental effort and time to teach you this completely basic concept requiring a very simple action on your part : PLAY WHEN YOU CAN COMMIT THE TIME.  I really don't know how to explain this to you in any more simpler terms than the past 2 ban threads have already covered.  

Please tell me exactly and specifically which part is confusing to you and/or you don't understand and I will try my best to help you. 

Edited by MeJohnny
  • Like 2

Thanks jackie.  San yea i remember that I wasnt afk we were trying to trigger the tank so no one was really moving ahead.  I was kinda mad bc it was an all members game and even 2 ppl were waiting to play and i already had waited 10 min to join but its fine . 

Johnny okay I get the point, and I guess you were right I thought it would display more people but it does only 3.  And I will follow the rules no matter how many people are on.