Deadstop Training and Practice Not Allowed

Johnny

Players are no longer allowed to purposely stand in open spots where they can be pounced. If you are covering or helping a team mate(s), please do so and then move to safety.  Standing in the open on obvious pounce spots on purpose is now considered griefing because you are deliberately and willfully feeding the infected team points where they would not have otherwise gained if you are in a position of safety.  Some examples of such spots are in the Carnival finale and standing on the car in the Dead Center finale.  You will be warned to stop and then further action will be taken if you do not comply.

if you want to practice deadstopping, please do it on your own time.  

• Like 3

huh, never though of it that way, i done it a couple times.

What if the game is already won or lost and still want to play the finale to use as practice, is it bad in such case?

lost finales(whit mostly menbers/regulars) are mostly used for fooling around aniways.

like seeing how long you can go on your own before you get grabed by a SI lol

Those arguments can be made for almost anything that is against the rules.  The rules were designed and continually updated to make the servers fun and fair for all of you to play.  At some point, virtually every regular player has complained about something another player has done.  If one team is winning by a lot or if 5 people are bored, then do we suspend the rules for that time?  so it would be okay with you all if people rush and leave you behind? If they suicide? If they start using cheats to kill everyone? Just let everyone do whatever they want?  Who decides when it is okay to do these things?  I guarantee the servers would be empty, you guys would be here complaining.  The point is, we have a server with 20 slots for players to play.  If we allow 1 or 2 or 5 people decide to do something, then there are still people in there that want to play the game.  We are not going to allow a few people to ruin the game for others that want to continue to play.  If you are bored...leave the server.  Come back later, if you want or quit playing altogether if you are that bored of the game.  Don't ruin the game for others.  There are other places you do things like that.  If you are on the server with 18 bots, and the 2 people on there want to do things like that, sure go ahead.

No "training" at the expense of others that want to play the game.  We have two servers, if you are bored of the map encourage everyone to go to the other server with you.

• Like 5

A player was banned last night for breaking and arguing this very rule.   Regardless whether your team is winning or losing, getting purposefully farmed by hunters is screwing over the rest of the team.  Those survivors may not have enough points to !heal, buy pills, kits, etc., while you are allowing infected to buy upgrades, tanks, or tank heals.  Your actions directly introduces an unfair edge for the infected team that would otherwise not be present. Some consequences of you having fun getting farmed:

1. Team mates could just have join and have no points, then immediately die to a tank bought from farmed points and then have to wait 15 minutes to play again.  

2. The team will wipe to a scripted tank played by someone who has heal(s) from farming you.  

3. Screwing your team over and influencing the total dynamics of the server gameplay - unfair pressure for those without points, skewing the score - I've seen certain players do it even when scores are close, etc

4. Admins getting killed.

• Like 2

smh

edit: this whole thing just scratches out the whole being nice to new ppl that join in.  u are basically saying that new ppl cannot join the server until they know the basics.  yes its true not to stand in the open like that but u guys are making it seem like this community is competitive gaming when its not.  i dont see ppl playing pugs here. 

edit 2: u truly won't know if the new ppl who join the community actually dunno the game play of l4d.  it could be their 2nd or 3rd account. 

edit 3: next will be banned for missing charges

just SMH

Edited by LadyYuri
  • Like 1

What is ridiculous? The fact that in "training" you are giving the other team an inordinate amount of points when you don't get the stop right? What, that when you are incapped you have to be rescued? What that you slow the team down because you are baiting the other team.

Instead of arguing whether or not it's a stupid rule, maybe we would be better off discussing in a civil manner so we can make it better for everyone. Give reasoning on something. Saying it's stupid or something doesn't help anything. I'd like to try and improve what people don't like or have concerns about. Maybe we are wrong about something. It happens.

Pretty please.

• Like 5

Okay, so if the other team getting points because of a teammate's negligence, why isn't shooting a boomer and having it explode on your teammates greifing, lots of infected get points that way? Why isn't healing someone in the open, where they can get pounced greifing?

I don't think it's fair to draw a line like that. This whole rule seems like it's targeting a small group of members who have this playstyle, some pull it off, some don't. I don't think they should stand in the open baiting hunters with the risk of getting pounced but I don't think it's fair to call it greifing and ban them. It's almost like banning based on skill, if they're good enough to get all the hunters everyone is happy, whatever they stopped the hunters and got points and we don't have to worry about it, but if it doesn't work out we get mad and ban them?

Piggybacking on that, hiding behind the word "training" doesn't seem fair to me, either. If they're doing it and not pulling it off is it training? Or is just the behavior itself considered training? If they deadstop every single hunter is it okay?

I'm not condoning the behavior but I think making it a BANNABLE OFFENSE is probably taking things a little too far.

• Like 2

screw it. nerf the hunter entirely. no matter how high, how far the pounce is, all you get is 2 points

oh, and im on board for the "banned if missed with charger". Im not going to say any names, but i think i need to enroll in that guys school for getting guaranteed death charges

Edited by MasterTalpa
  • Like 2

What is ridiculous? The fact that in "training" you are giving the other team an inordinate amount of points when you don't get the stop right? What, that when you are incapped you have to be rescued? What that you slow the team down because you are baiting the other team.

so if this is the example that u are placing then whats the difference when people are shopping around buildings when you clearly dont need to considering GC has the point system.  but we are only focusing on the survivors... waht about infected?  will there be any rules to that? spit and die or get banned? i dont think thats a rule unless ive been gone far too long LAWL   what i'm seeing is new rules are being placed and im not saying rules should not be changed or updated things do change but this rule is how did mad put it "Over exaggerate". 

edit:  so from the video that i just watched i honestly would be bored out of my mind if i was just under that stage.  so since new rules are being placed why not up it more.  why not ban ppl for stumbling the tank as charger or boomer when tank is goin to hit ppl?  it gives survivors a chance to not get rekt by tank

Edited by LadyYuri

screw it. nerf the hunter entirely. no matter how high, how far the pounce is, all you get is 2 points

oh, and im on board for the "banned if missed with charger". Im not going to say any names, but i think i need to enroll in that guys school for getting guaranteed death charges

hahaha oh my i just realized this HAHAHA <3 TALAPIA!!! 

• Like 2

My views on it are what are the benefits of standing out in the open deadstopping Hunters?  Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any.  Healing out in the open? You run the risk of getting high pounced, but you also get the benefit of healing a teammate that could otherwise get incapped or die.  Shopping? You run the risk of veering off and getting slammed by Infected players, but you could also find something better than crappy T1 weapons or other items that you could otherwise not be able to afford yet or would rather save your points on a full heal when you need it instead of spending the points.  Shopping is a touchy subject though.  You could get the "go into the next room" type of shopping, or "go to the bathrooms while your team is at the gazebo" type of shopping.  The latter is something I would rather not see on the game whereas the former I wouldn't have a problem with.  Both have a risk/reward situation.  Practicing deadstopping does not...again, unless I'm missing something.

Maybe the punishment doesn't fit the crime.  If an offending player decides to practice deadstopping, is told not to and complies, everything is sunshine and rainbows.  Why can't we have sunshine and rainbows?  I want frigging sunshine and rainbows!

If someone wants to enlighten me on what benefit practicing deadstopping gives, I'd like to know.

• Like 3

Err...the only benefits I can come up with from their perspective are:

1. You either defend yourself, or a teammate, from getting high pounced if you successfully dead stop the hunter.

2. It looks fun and cool for that player that just dead stopped.

I think that's pretty much it. There isn't that much benefits doing this because it's really high risk. You're better off just shooting the hunters in mid-air.