Stream of Conciousness

stabz0r

A thread where the post count doesn't matter, your interior monologues are aired, friendly discussions and everything in between... that is Safe For Work!  

I'll start:

Watching Making a Murderer makes me want to punch a wall... and I'm only on Episode 3  :nosmile:

Edited by stabz0r

I'll reserve judgement until I've watched the whole series; however the injustices are stacking up. 

Episode 4:

What tipped me over the edge was the judge's decision to decline new counsel for Brendan.  His lawyer seemed like a real worm, after the limelight but not really interested about helping his client.

Ugghh!

Without putting out any spoilers, what do you believe? Who's side are you on?

I am not 100% sure that Steven Avery didn't do it, there are some grey areas that remain unanswered; however I am pretty sure he is innocent. What I am 100% sure of is that Wisconsin's legal system is super broken and needs a good house cleaning

Without putting out any spoilers, what do you believe? Who's side are you on?

I am not 100% sure that Steven Avery didn't do it, there are some grey areas that remain unanswered; however I am pretty sure he is innocent. What I am 100% sure of is that Wisconsin's legal system is super broken and needs a good house cleaning

I agree that the system is corrupt. As for Steven Avery, I believe he's innocent. The prosecutions case is full of holes.

• No blood in the garage (but the murder took place there)
  • Body moved to the fire pit after the fact (body allegedly burned there)
  • Only Steven's DNA on Teresa's keys (Where's her DNA?)
  • Tampered blood vial from the evidence locker (my personal favourite part)

Evidence aside, I believe Steven should have been granted a mistrial on the basis that Manitowoc County Police assisted in an investigation which they weren't supposed to have anything to do with. Not only assisted, but even "discovered" evidence (the key). Unbelievable!

Edited by Xterminator
  • Like 1

OH boy oh boy oh boy. 

It doesn't look good for Avery that he called Auto Trader several times in advance, specifically requesting Halbach. More here

I'm not convinced Brandon has the mental capacities to understand what he did, if he in fact did anything. When he asked if he could go back to class because he had a quiz to take, my heart sank. That poor, poor kid. 

Cops scare the poop right out of me. They had a vendetta and abused their power at least once to put an innocent man behind bars.

I have no idea what to get for lunch today. Maybe Whole Bowl...again. 

• Like 1

Speaking of breaking things, I tripped over my feet, dislocated and then broke my finger. It's really weird seeing one of your fingers look more like an L than an I 

I should probably go in for that follow up. 

PS HAVE ANY OF YOU LISTENED TO LIMETOWN?

Just heard about/started Limetown earlier in the week, only have the first episode under my belt, I have putting the majority of my podcast listening in to Tanis and Hello From the Magic Tavern 

Tanis is by the same people who did The Black Tapes which just started it's second season and I can't wait to check it out, trying to let them get more episodes in so I can binge. Black Tapes is a paranormal story told as a report almost like Serial was done, but it is fiction. Tanis and Magic Tavern are fictional podcasts as well.

• Like 1

Finished watching Making a Murderer and it looks like I'll be putting in a new wall some time soon.

I didn't watch it but I did read a lot of the articles and news and some YouTube clips of shows talking about it.

I will say idk if he's guilty, but at this moment in time that is completely irrelevant. This mans trial had so many violations of his right to a fair trial that his guilt or innocents doesn't matter at this moment. You can not have such an unfair trial and do the things they did and the things the judge did and think that that is okay or fair. What makes our justice system great (well suppose to) is the right to a fair trial. Even the defense was denied allowing to push the blame on another person which is quiet common in tons of trials (I watch a lot of trials). Without being allowed to do that, that one thing alone makes that whole trial a joke. Pile everything else on.

Idk what will happen. But the man deserves a fair trial. Period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...