Kicked for goofing off

GankYourHeart

Just an hour ago, I was kicked by mercman while Im trying to ceiling pounce in the second map of dead air. The reason is goofing off. Im a new to ceiling pounce and may have to bounce more than 10 times to do the ceiling glitch. I admit that at that time I focused on ceiling glitch and didnt notice that all the survivors were into the building. Thats my fault. However, I was kicked immediately after a sarcastic comment by mercman. I think my behavior is no difference comparing with players who keeping spitter and don't die. (Maybe better? cuz infected only have two spitter slots.) I NEVER heard someone was kicked for holding spitter.

Edited by GankYourHeart

GC Server Admin

Go practice pouncing on your own time . Attack the opposing team or i will kick you again

We were getting our butts handed to us and you are doing squat to  help us.

btw you cant ceiling pounce when they are inside

Ill let higher ups decide if i did right or wrong

ceiling GLITCH enuff said

Edited by Mercman

No, it's ok. Our team managed to kill the survivors within 2 minutes after this incident. We were able to end the round soon anyways. Remember? We kicked their butt too.

At least you can still play with us, Gank. Hopefully, everything else will be fine from this point on :)

Edited by Carlos

Go practice pouncing on your own time . Attack the opposing team or i will kick you again

We were getting our butts handed to us and you are doing squat to  help us.

btw you cant ceiling pounce when they are inside

Ill let higher ups decide if i did right or wrong

ceiling GLITCH enuff said

I didnt try to ceiling pounce from the start. I missed a normal pounce from the roof to the ladder (of course its gandalf). Then I played a charger while they were in the hotel. They forwarded fast so my 3rd respawn was hunter and I start my first ceiling pounce but I missed it. I believe when I started my second ceiling they were still on the roofs, but like I said I need a dozen times to ceiling glitch and they all into the office before I made it. Btw the invisible walls in gc are different from other servers so I think it wont work if practice ceiling pounce in a local server or other servers and do it same way in gc server.

Gank maybe i was wrong idk   .

I dont want to discuss whos right or wrong just think that kick is a little curtness cuz even rushers in the server get warning before they are kicked but I was kicked before I try to type and explain. All the admins in gc server are good guys/girls maybe you were just in bad mood at that time.

• Like 2

I wish everyone who did nothing but hunter around all level and not help their team would get kicked.  Too many players using infected time as hunter pounce training.

Hunters = opportunity for most points... you're going to kick people because they are using a certain class? What's next? Are you going to kick someone for trying to throw rocks as a tank and missing those? Aren't they rock training? Maybe don't get mad at the players, get mad at how the server is setup. (3) 25 damage pounces = tank.. and around 20 boomed survivors = tank. Those are by far the fastest ways to get tanks. 

And let's be real.. to wipe in this server you need tanks. Rarely does the infected team wipe with just setting up as you would on a 4v4 server.. it's extremely hard to coordinate an entire infected team to take down 10 survivors which is why half the server has resorted to trying to get sky diver. 

• Like 1

Don't need to over exaggerate. Play whatever class you want, but play accordingly. In this case, they were already inside, didn't need to try for a ceiling pounce no more, needs the other classes. Hunters are hot, we get it, and those who are consistent point earners through hunting, hats off to you but don't need to over glorify it. Anyone can hunt but just know when to play something else when the situation would call for it.

Edited by Meng
  • Like 4

Add to what Meng said, if you can't get the ceiling pounce to work for a min or so, then you should move on. Not saying you are wrong Gank, but this is a good example of focusing too much of getting one trick to work and failed to notice the other team accordingly.

Not to mention, the time you spent on getting the ceiling pounce to work, you can use those minutes to spawn as hunters multiple times and get a few mid-tier pounce. You probably rack up more point that way

Edited by Protomanx13
  • Like 5

I wish everyone who did nothing but hunter around all level and not help their team would get kicked.  Too many players using infected time as hunter pounce training.

Hunters = opportunity for most points... you're going to kick people because they are using a certain class? What's next? Are you going to kick someone for trying to throw rocks as a tank and missing those? Aren't they rock training? Maybe don't get mad at the players, get mad at how the server is setup. (3) 25 damage pounces = tank.. and around 20 boomed survivors = tank. Those are by far the fastest ways to get tanks. 

And let's be real.. to wipe in this server you need tanks. Rarely does the infected team wipe with just setting up as you would on a 4v4 server.. it's extremely hard to coordinate an entire infected team to take down 10 survivors which is why half the server has resorted to trying to get sky diver. 

I think you are misunderstanding me.  I didn't say kick players who only play hunter.  I said "hunter around all level and not help their team."

If you play a good hunter then by all means play the hunter.  You're helping your team.  I was talking about some players I've seen play nothing but hunter, wall kick and ceiling pounce the whole level, fail to land a single pounce, and essentially sack their team.  You shouldn't be using infected time as hunter training.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry posting in a post from a month ago, I have been away from the game for a bit.  People should definitely be kicked if they are not contributing to the game.  Just as we would kick a survivor for never making forward progress, we should kick infected for refusing to attack the other team.  If someone wants practice a class, they certainly can, but they need to still attack.  If a person was "practicing" as a spitter (spitting on walls and making it bounce off or something?), but did it on the opposite side of the map from the survivors, everyone would agree that person should be kicked.  Let's not confuse this with kicking someone for playing hunter, it is kicking someone for not attacking.

As far as Gank's situation is concerned, a warning would certainly be nice first.  We should try to warn before kicking in this situation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...