My Weight Loss Journey

chick82

Hello!  We'll after many years of fear and putting it off, I finally decided to make the life changing decision to have weight loss surgery.  

My biggest fear in life was being put under anesthesia, which at the beginning of Feb after a trip to Vegas I had to have surgery (nothing serious), and was put under.  My biggest fear was cancelled out, and my surgeon just happen to be a weight loss surgeon years ago.  He asked me if I would be open to the surgery and I said yes, and he said "i can tell you are ready".  No one had ever said that to me, and it just calmed all other worries.

Well, I did research and all the different places to choose from because we are self pay (because my insurance doesn't cover the surgery), I figured well if I have to pay I'm going to pick the best place I can, so after countless hours of research I found WeightWise in Edmond, OK.  The reviews were great, they have a zero mortality rate in the actual surgery and have been doing it since 2006, and because of that they are actually the cheapest place in the nation.

I did the seminar, and yesterday I had my first appointment with my surgeon.  His name is Dr. Walton (he was in an oil field explosion when he was like 19/20 and was burned over 73% of his body).  It was a bit tough for me to handle meeting him at first, because I have never seen a burn victim that was burnt that bad (i know this isn't really relevant but honestly for someone to overcome a 3% survival and become a surgeon that's a pretty big deal).  He's an awesome guy.  He kept it real about things.  I learned a lot.

Our surgery date goal is May 31st!

Currently:

I start a 2 1/2 week diet (that I got from them minus 2 meals I personally cook), eating 6 times a day every 3 hours.  

I have to go let them draw a ton of blood at the hospital lab on Monday (YAY) lol.

Find out of they saved my EKG from 2 wks ago (I had bronchitis) and since I could barely breathe they made sure the ticker was good (which is was)

Make sure my AIC is under 8 (fingers crossed but I know with weight loss if it's not it will go down)

Do a sleep study (this I don't like, why because it's weird, I don't even think my husband watches me sleep and if he did I'd probably wake up and throat punch him for being weird LOL).  

My next appointments are on March 10th.  I will be meeting with the Dietitian, Therapist (which I loathe therapist), and do an RMR, and then group theory that night.  So busy day, BUT awesome that since I live 5 hours from the hospital where this is at, they try to do as much as possible all in one day.   

My Current weight is 396 (which makes me happy because on Feb 3rd I was 440) so already lost 44 pounds.  Now i have to lose 40 more as a requirement I have to lose 10% of my body weight.  

My next post will be after March 10th.  I will let you all know where I am at.  It's a life changing decision, and I'm glad to share it with you guys!  

P.S.  Feel free to post (please be positive except Madvillian cause that guys a jerk, so he can be a jerk).  LOL LOVE YOU ALL!  

• Like 4

I'm super excited for you, Chick!  Just take it day by day...don't stress about what's on the schedule for tomorrow, or next week, or next month.  You're in great hands!  Just do your best each day. <3  Looking forward to following this. :D

(edited)

Lots of appointments today!

Dietitians, therapy (boo), RMR, and group therapy tonight.

Will update this after my appointments.

Down 3 pounds!!!

Dietitian meeting went great! Got me on a good time schedule and only eating 4 times a day instead of 6 (hated that).

RMR went well.

And therapist said I'm sane for surgery lol! If he only knew me haha! But he was awesome great guy.

Group therapy tonight and then I come back in April for another round of appointments.

Edited by chick82
  • Like 3