Crashes

crasx

Hey l4d-ers, I need some input

I see that our l4d2 servers crash a couple of times a day and it's something I was hoping to resolve with a server upgrade. I had some great debugging software on our servers that told me what caused each crash so I could narrow  it down to a plugin if needed. Unfortunately all of the recent crash dumps do not lead to any plugin and are not very helpful. The dumps all show the server crashing at the same internal c++ function,  but don't show what causes that function to be called and in what context. I was assuming it would resolve itself with upgraded mod software.

While I was testing last night the server crashed on me and the dump showed it happening in the same function call...

but...

It happened when I closed the saferoom door.

Now, there is no such thing as a random crash. Computers do exactly what you tell them to do even if it is totally illogical and wrong. It takes in your instructions and does exactly what you tell it to do. Even a random number is not totally random.

So what I want to know is, if you have been on during crashes, what has taken place right before your crash? Was it the saferoom door closing? Was it a checkpoint? Was it a SI being killed?

I need your help on this one

Thx, and I hope to make your games more enjoyable

• Like 3

(edited)

Crashed on No Mercy campaign, map 1, first team going. At around 12:27am cst. It was the hallway choke after leaving the safe room. Last thing I saw was a charger charging the first surv.

Edited by Meng

(edited)

I think this was a different game, but we were playing No Mercy Jackie's Pathing on Server 2. It crashed around 11:30 EST at the beginning of the third chapter on the first round.

The last key moments I remember were the other team surviving our spit attacks and barely passing that first alley outside the safe room, and one of my teammates landing a high pounce on one of the survivors.

Edited by Carlos

• 2 weeks later...