Counter Strike Extra Weapons Removal Request

heroman758

Hey guys, I think in the interest of balancing things out, the Counter Strike guns need to go.

Just as clarification for those of you who are not sure which weapons those are, they include the MP5, SG552, Scout, and the AWP.

The MP5 and Scout are pretty much awful weapons. It takes a lot of bullets from these guns to kill the weakest infected (even takes two scout shots to take down a boomer in a lot of cases). I don't know anyone who prefers to use these guns over things like the Silenced SMG or the AK47, so we really don't need to keep them around. Not a huge loss.

The SG552 has a cool scoping mechanism for an assault rifle, but in all honesty, most players using a laser sight on the AK47 achieve much greater results than the SG552 can provide. So it's basically just a neat addition, but not the most effective weapon and so it isn't used too often by choice.

Now the heart of the matter, the AWP. It should be no surprise to people to hear that the skill level of a great deal of players on the server is really freaking high. Add that to the ability to fire the AWP as if you were firing the hunting rifle with the pushback glitch, and you've got a recipe for total annihilation. A gun that can kill 4 of the 6 infected classes in a single body shot + insanely fast firing speed + near aimbot level accuracy = one nigh impossible obstacle to overcome. 

As fun as using the AWP is, and as satisfying as it feels to gun down that smoker who just grabbed you instantly is, its super unbalanced to be able to stop over half of the infected teams attacks without batting an eye. When someone good with an AWP is playing on the other team, you're basically forced to resort to just chargers and maybe some lucky smoker pulls. Nearly everything else fails to come close. Then, the charger can only take 3 hits tops (2 if you hit them in the chest or head with any of those shots), and the jockey can take only 2. That's basically just enough time to touch the ground from your rocket spawn before dying just like all your buddies. I've played games before where we barely touched the other team over a period of ten minutes simply because nobody was able to survive long enough after spawning to land a hit.

For those of you who hate the idea of giving up the AWP, know that you can achieve the exact same effect with the AK47. Many people prove this is true, but it gives the other team at least a fighting chance in the game, since all infected classes (except the boomer) can take more than one hit. 2 or 3 competent aimers using the AWP can shut down an entire 10 person team from doing any real damage without multiple tanks.

I've heard a couple rebuttals saying that we should keep the AWP, and just raise its cost to something like 30 points to offset how powerful it is, then remove it from spawning into maps regularly. I don't know if that's possible, but might be worth looking into. Honestly, I think disabling the Counter Strike guns is just the best way to go about balancing things out now that the general accuracy level of our regular populace is getting really high.

I'm talking specifically about the weapons that do not come as default guns. So just the 4 I mentioned. Basically, things need balancing. I played for an hour today and didn't get more than 20 points as infected because my rocket charger was being shot down before I could touch the ground. Someone on our team managed to get enough booms to buy a tank, and was half dead before touching down after their rocket spawn. The AWP specifically is just something that tips the balance of the game too heavily towards the survivors. It shouldn't require pure luck (the person missing a one-shot kill) to get in and land a hit for every single class. Boomers, yeah whatever. Chargers and jockeys? Tanks even? It's too much.

The AWP specifically is just something that tips the balance of the game too heavily towards the survivors.

That depends on the skill level of the player using it.

You can have a lot of people using awp simply because is OP but that don't mean they are very good with it, in the long term it will only hurt them.

AWP shouldn't deal 450dps to the tank, is just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Since there is a topic up about the CS weapons I thought this would be the place to post this? I don't know if it was ever brought up or attempted, but could we have the CS knife added to the buy menu?

If this isn't the proper place for this let me know... I'll ask again sometime after you guys finish your work on the 3rd server. 

Thanks.

Edited by EliteGandalf

Ah, ok. I tried searching for it yesterday and just moments ago, but I couldn't find it. 

Anyways, I didn't even know there were any Counter Strike weapons in the game, let alone weapons from any other games.

im not sure about the mp5/SG552 man... i like the variety even if they are crappy. plus whit the SG552 you can skip on buying the laser to save points.

the awp being removed from spawning sounds neat. it bugs me everytime a team gets the awp in the safe while the other team does not.

alternatively what about just removing these weapons only from the saferoom? dont know if that can be done tho.

and the scout can go to hell. wouldnt even buy it for 1 point.

I'm in favor of removing AWP's from spawning in the safe room. I think that would be enough, and if it's not maybe raise the price slightly above the AK. I don't really think they are as OP as you say, it's just when certain players get their hands on one they can make it seem like that. I still think the AK is by far the easiest weapon in the game to use. 

I think it's a bad idea to remove all the CS weapons(besides the MP5.. that gun is complete garbage)

• 3 weeks later...

Removing the AWP from regular spawning seems fair. I dont remember who it was that pointed out the AWP is pretty much the only defense survivors have from the plethora of high pouncers there are, but I see that as a pretty valid point. Making it harder to get though would make things a lot fairer. A team that has the AWP from the get-go is pretty much guaranteed to reach the safe room (not always, but usually). Maybe raise the price of the AWP to like 15 points? It's not that hard to farm up, but significant enough to make it a fairer game in those opening moments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...